Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 256>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 11:34am
^I have The Treasure of Sierra Madre, and The Big Sleep is on my watchlist but still need to find a copy. I'll look into those other movies too though.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 1:17pm
Rachel Weisz and Hugh Jackman in The Fountain (2006)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/

Pretty boring and oversentimental movie, which failed to engage me.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 3:00pm
Re-watching some of the Ghibli's since I've been picking them up when I can off of ebay. Both of these were ones I watched earlier and wasn't as invested in anime as I've become and I appreciated them even more now (and I already liked them a lot).

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

^I have The Treasure of Sierra Madre, and The Big Sleep is on my watchlist but still need to find a copy. I'll look into those other movies too though.

I have The Big Sleep on my re-watch stack currently. Generally you can't go wrong with a Bogart movie. There's only a couple of his I've seen that I rated a bit lower. He's easily one of favourite actors of that era. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Rachel Weisz and Hugh Jackman in The Fountain (2006)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/

Pretty boring and oversentimental movie, which failed to engage me.

I thought this was OK, but I don't recall much about it now quite some time has passed. Definitely not up to scratch to Aronofsky's best work, though I liked it more than I did π, which I found to be really overrated. Black Swan is easily one of my favourite films though. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 7:30am

Boxing film noir. Good 40s movie, but in 2020 the plot feels very predictable. You know how it's going to play out before the movie has barely got underway. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 11:19am

This film was mentioned in The Gentlemen, which I watched recently, when the character Fletcher introduces a surveillance video. He called it boring. Fletcher was right. Not the worst film I've seen recently, but certainly the most disappointing. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:32am

Re-watched the first Studio Ghibli movie I saw. I really wasn't sold on anime when I randomly watched this and didn't give it the attention it deserved, only watching it on split screen on my PC while web browsing. Needless to say, I enjoyed it a lot more this around, although it ranks lower with Ghibli movies for me. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 2:07pm

Cell? More like Crap. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 3:21pm

Finally got round to seeing this. Not quite what I was expecting but pretty good nevertheless.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:48pm
^ I also just watched Joker.  Not bad.

and this one last night for the first time, loved it

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 18 May 2020 at 5:49pm
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 3:19pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 3:40pm

A very entertaining gem, with the downside that whoever did the subtitling for Prime Video absolutely botched the sync. Plays fine for about 40 minutes, then the subs start appearing far too early. It's hit and miss from that point on for following the film, depending on how many characters are talking in a scene. Very hard to tell who said what in scenes with lots of fast dialogue. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 4:57pm
With all the talk about it, I finally got round to watching Casablanca. And now I see why it's so highly rated.

And the I watched Inception, which has always been highly rated. I thought it was OK, but nothing special. Some good special effects, but a really dumb premise, even for sci-fi. Way overrated.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:16am

Not too bad of a black comedy, but not spectacular either. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:19am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Cell? More like Crap. 
I watched the trailer when it came out, and knew the plot right away, so I decided against spending my time watching the full movie...I guess that was a good choice Tongue
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Excellent. By the way, all the Duncan Jones films are recommendded!
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:29pm

I usually don't like to see remakes, but my brother recommendded it and actually was a good film!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Cell? More like Crap. 
I watched the trailer when it came out, and knew the plot right away, so I decided against spending my time watching the full movie...I guess that was a good choice Tongue

Yeah definitely dodged a bullet there. 

I don't know why I bother with Stephen King adaptations sometimes. Most of them turn out to be crap. Even Samuel L. Jackson couldn't save this one. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:50pm
^Yeah very few Stephen King adaptations Work. Either they are low budget tv-movies/tv-series (I´m looking at you The Stand), or they just don´t Work. Even a big budget film like "It" doesn´t Work that well in my book.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 256>
  Share Topic