Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

It was alright, but did not reach the heights of the two original movies:

David Harbour in Hellboy (2019)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2274648/

I'll probably watch it if it comes on Prime or Netflix but otherwise I lost all hype for this one once I'd read a few comments about it after it hit the cinemas. I'll gladly revisit the del Toro movies with Ron Perlman any day though. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

It was alright, but did not reach the heights of the two original movies:

David Harbour in Hellboy (2019)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2274648/

I'll probably watch it if it comes on Prime or Netflix but otherwise I lost all hype for this one once I'd read a few comments about it after it hit the cinemas. I'll gladly revisit the del Toro movies with Ron Perlman any day though. 
It´s a decent movie and entertaining enough, but not exellent in any way, like I think the Del Toro movies are. I really enjoy those...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 2:38am

This very faithfully reproduces the shots of the 1922 silent up until a point, while using the correct Dracula names that the original wasn't allowed to do. It starts to extend the plot in the second half from what the silent film did and comes more into it's own. A very creepy film overall that pays homage and stands tall in its own right. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 9:33am

Good giallo film. Very Hitchcockian I thought. 

The extended version. I've watched the theatrical versions of the trilogy before but having now also read the books I wanted to see the complete version. I've just watched the entire 3 hour cut of it in one sitting. It's definitely worth it if you enjoyed the books and noticed certain aspects missing from the film otherwise. 

In total the trilogy has over two hours of extra footage in these versions that is not in the main releases. Technically it is a TV cut with each film broken into two episodes of 93 minutes each, but the presence of stops and extra credits doesn't hurt the movie's flow too much. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 3:03am

Both also the extended versions. The extra material raised my opinion of both of them, especially on Played with Fire as that's the most extended of the three.

This didn't go where I expected it too. 

I enjoyed this famous German film.

This is a very good giallo film. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 11:01am
Not my favorite Marvel movie, but entertaining enough:

Tom Holland in Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:58pm
I've got behind on these again, but here goes:

Pretty good Dario Argento movie, but probably my least favourite so far. 

This giallo was pretty intriguing up to a point but then it pulls a Psycho on us and unlike that film it suffered for it IMO. It was still solid overall but after that point I found myself not caring about any of the characters. 

Pretty weird movie even by Ben Wheatley standards. 

I enjoyed this one more than the other 'Death Walks' movie but neither is a really prime example of the giallo.

Decent Spaghetti western. 

Not really a sequel to the previous film. It's more of a Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz relationship. I personally found this second one better.

Pretty good Japanese movie but I'm not seeing a title worthy of being in so many top 100 lists, personally. 

Disturbing horror movie. Really does earn it's 18 rating. 

Excellent Japanese thriller. 

Re-watch. It's been a while now since I first saw this one and I even I enjoyed it even more this time around. This is one of those hyped films where I actually get it. 

Didn't enjoy this one. Didn't understand this one either. Unfortunate as the genres on RYM implied it to be an unusual combo that would be right up my alley: black comedy, dystopian and neo-noir all rolled into one. Rather than being a gem it just seemed a mess to me. Crap picture quality and poor sound didn't help.

This is a darkly funny movie. Two sets of parents meet to discuss a fight between their sons. It turns out the parents are worse than the kids. 

Very good and dark western. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 2:08am

Not sure I entirely 'got' it, but I did enjoy it a fair bit. Not completely my thing though. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:40pm
Went to a movie Theater to Watch "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" with some colleagues tonight. I´m still a bit unsure of what to think of it, but I know one thing...the ending was batshit crazy violent. And damn Brad Pitt looks so much like Robert Redford these days. 

Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Al Pacino, Kurt Russell, Damon Herriman, Timothy Olyphant, Mike Moh, Margot Robbie, Margaret Qualley, and Julia Butters in Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (2019)

Edited by UMUR - 27 Aug 2019 at 1:41pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 1:23am

Quite a charming movie really. Kinski had just the right look to play an eccentric character. 

Enjoyable but very standard giallo.

It's supposed to be satire apparently but the result is an incredibly disturbing film. 

This is more like it on the giallo front. A great movie. 

Good Argento horror movie though it's no Suspiria. Keith Emerson's soundtrack is also pretty good on this one.

Pretty decent psychological movie. 

I feel like I should have liked this one more.

I've a very hit and miss relationship to Cronenberg's work and I didn't dig this one.

Old German classic. I didn't find it on par with the work of Fritz Lang but it was quite good all the same.

You know it's a good movie when a near 3 and a half hour run time isn't an issue at all. 

Edited by adg211288 - 01 Sep 2019 at 1:24am
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:19am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 12:58pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 3:11am

Jeff Goldblum, Anthony Hopkins, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Mark Ruffalo, Karl Urban, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth, and Tessa Thompson in Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3501632/

My favourite MCU movie, though we'll see if Endgame changes that when the blu-ray arrives later today. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 3:13am

It's a decent enough 18 rated Red Riding Hood movie but I didn't overly care for it. Not one to watch more than once. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm

I unfortunately saw spoilers for this on release day (thanks random arsehole posting them on stuff completely unrelated to the movie) so the biggest shocks failed to resonate as much as they probably should have done. Still, I don't feel that my enjoyment of the movie was affected too much, but it didn't unseat Thor Ragnarok as my favourite MCU movie. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 12:27pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 11:58am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 3:21pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 1:08pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 256>
  Share Topic