Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 2:13pm
Back to the posters, I think. Been having a high turnover of new movies seen this month, especially considering there's still 12 days to go.

Pretty standard action movie with a basic plot but for a movie to just kick back to and watch Denzel sorting out the baddies it's pretty entertaining. 

Rare black western. Unfortunately even though the story is an important one the actual film could stand to be more compelling. 

For me this never got more entertaining than its intro. It remains a solid, intriguing film that I probably did a disservice to by watching it in three chunks of about one hour each, but overall probably more experimental than I like.

Pretty good film noir. 

An excellent, though quite short, film noir.

It's possibly the worse time to start into the DCEU considering a lot of it seems to be falling apart, but I decided to start checking them out anyway. I've mixed feelings on this one. I liked the prolonged intro on Krypton and the early scenes once the story reaches Earth, covering Superman finding out who he is and his first meetings with Lois, but I felt the movie fell apart once Zod arrived on Earth and things turned into one very long action sequence, which started to get tedious after a while. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:35pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 4:19pm

Seeing this for the first time and it suffers through being so ingrained into popular culture that I've known how it ends for years (hell, Red Dwarf parodied this quite heavily in one episode). Despite that, I was glued to this throughout. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:59pm

Another solid noir, though I still fail to be that enthralled by Kubrick. 

Wonderful movie, though for me not as good as the earlier team-up of Newman and Redford with director George Roy Hill, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, which is easily one of my favourite movies.

I enjoyed this one slightly more than Man of Steel, but only slightly. Could have done with some serious trimming from the running time. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 1:59am

The least weird movie I've seen from Terry Gilliam. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 2:04pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 2:42pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 2:52am

A cross between a psychological thriller and a supernatural horror movie. Quite effective. 

Solid western; rare for a John Wayne to be rated 15. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 9:12am

Very entertaining darkly comic neo-noir. 

Excellent 1940 classic. Loved it. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:59am
Talking of John Wayne, have you seen The Searchers Adam? Fantastic western.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 5:51pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:44pm
^Excellent movie! Speaking of excellent movies, I've just seen The Mule and Deadpool 2. Enjoyed them both!Thumbs Up
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Talking of John Wayne, have you seen The Searchers Adam? Fantastic western.

Yep, was my first John Wayne western. It's close to being my favourite, but I think I have to give that to Rio Bravo. Close between those two, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Red River and True Grit though. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:21pm
Got behind on the posters again:

Don't usually watch romances, but this one was pretty entertaining. 

Solid Wayne western, not one of the best though.

Excellent noir.

Good movie, very good even, but Hawks took too much from Rio Bravo. Some early plot differences save it from being a total rehash.

While not one of his best westerns, this serves as a fitting and moving swansong for John Wayne.

Great crime film.

Shocked Clap
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:01am
Started watching The Lady in the Van but gave it up after about twenty minutes. Rare for me to do that, I usually have to finish a film once I start or it drives me mad, but this one was just doing nothing for me and I was finding many of the characters annoying. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 3:04am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 11:37am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 11:38am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 9:57am
Way behind on this again. And I've been ill for the last week so there's quite a few to post:

Didn't care too much for this. Not over the controversial story, just the way it was made. 

First time seeing this one, believe it or not.

It's like someone tried to channel Pike's Gone Girl character but make her a rape victim. The results are laughable unbelievable. 

Good crime movie.

Howard Hawkes final film is a solid western but neither his best nor John Wayne's.

Excellent Eastwood/Siegel collaboration.

I liked the first one. This one not so much.

It was okay, nothing more, nothing less. 

More to be posted later...
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 10:45am

Great satire.

Solid western.

Very good noir. Unusually in that a good chunk of the movie is presented in a first person camera style.

Another great noir/heist film. 

The 80s is a major dry-spell for westerns. This is one of the more notable ones to come out during that time. 

The best since the first one, but flogging a dead horse.

Picture quality wasn't that great, at least on Prime, compared to some other older movies I've watched, but it's a solid film noir worth watching both for plot and historical significance. 

A better follow-up to The Silence of the Lambs than its sometimes made out to be, but it does suffer in some respects to the first film, especially the recast of the protagonist. Not that Julianne Moore does a bad job here, but I'd like continuity between the two films for such an important character. 

Very good Henry Fonda western.

Solid Wayne western. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 256>
  Share Topic