Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 3:45am

The extended version. Great film. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:30am

40's colour western. Also part of John Ford's cavalry trilogy. I didn't especially prefer this or Rio Grande - both had their strengths and weaknesses. 

Second watch. I think the film holds up but it's impact was lessened by a family member who wanted to talk through the whole movie. 

Darkly amusing, as expected. a 70's gem.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:16am
Almost forgot, also watched this short film:

This is what the director of movies like In Bruges and Three Billboards made first. Already shows plenty of darkly comic brilliance. I overlooked that I had this on the DVD extras of Three Billboards until yesterday. Embarrassed
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:04am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Second watch. I think the film holds up but it's impact was lessened by a family member who wanted to talk through the whole movie. 

Yeah, I haven't seen that yet (though I am interested in it) but whenever I watch anything that isn't sports, I pretty much need to watch it on my own, because I go absolutely crazy if I'm trying to follow the plot of something, only to have people constantly talking over it. I can get pretty nasty if I'm watching something and people start trying to talk to me LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Yeah, I haven't seen that yet (though I am interested in it) but whenever I watch anything that isn't sports, I pretty much need to watch it on my own, because I go absolutely crazy if I'm trying to follow the plot of something, only to have people constantly talking over it. I can get pretty nasty if I'm watching something and people start trying to talk to me LOL
He he it´s quite ironic that someone would talk over a film with very few spoken Words LOL. I enjoyed this one too., and thankfully no one ruined the movie for me with talk Big smile

Edited by UMUR - 10 Dec 2018 at 12:04pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:55pm

A decent franchise entry I guess, but surely an exercise in how to make the most pointless movie ever. The so called plot twist was pretty obvious early on too, not least because it's exactly the same trick pulled in an earlier instalment, Saw II I think. 

This one is an all time favourite for me. It's actually been a while since I watched it, but it's definitely one movie I can continually come back to. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

This is why I prefer to watch films on my own as well, especially when watching for the first time. It's okay if it's something everyone in the house wants to watch as then no one talks but if it's only me watching, I tend to have to put up with background conversations. Which is ironic since both my Mum and Dad moan like hell when the same is done to them. Angry

It's not so bad if it's something I've watched before and know what happens, but with this one I felt all the distractions took away from the movie's atmosphere. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 3:21pm
^That´s why I often Watch movies with my big earphones on. No distractions...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^That´s why I often Watch movies with my big earphones on. No distractions...

Neither of our TV's can have headphones plugged in. It's been years since we had a TV with a headphone input. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 11:40am

It's been too long since I saw this one. I'd actually forgotten a great many details about the movie. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:26pm

This could have used a lot more fleshing out in terms of plot depth and background lore, but overall an enjoyable futuristic crime thriller. 

This movie is pretty fucked up, even for a cannibal themed horror movie. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 5:28pm

It's been too long since I saw this one. I'd actually forgotten a great many details about the movie. 

Love that movie!Clap
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:21pm
^ Me too. Del Toro definitely numbers among my favourite directors. I've got several (actually, most) of his films lined up for re-watch, starting with The Devil's Backbone. 

Today:

A slow character driven post-apocalyptic movie. Better done than another I watched earlier this year in the same vein (Here Alone). 

Good crime thriller. The movie builds up tension in its early stages but then has a sudden twist and the whole narrative really changes and if anything becomes even more disturbing. 

I didn't care for this as much as I'd expected to be honest. It probably would have had more impact if seen back when it was still new but seeing it for the first time in 2018 and it just looked really pants, especially with how the possessed characters looked. 

Another good crime film, though more drama based than Cold in July. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 8:19am

I didn't care for this as much as I'd expected to be honest. It probably would have had more impact if seen back when it was still new but seeing it for the first time in 2018 and it just looked really pants, especially with how the possessed characters looked. 

You should of course Watch number 2 (which is pretty much a funny and great remake of number 1) and number 3. Much better and much more entertaining movies than this amaturish number 1.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 8:19am
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:28am
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjIwOTA3NDI3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzIzMzA5NTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7668870

Refreshing approach and compelling plot. Recommended Clap

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 7:45am
Haven't posted here for a few days, got a few to post:

Another Del Toro re-watch. 

I've heard mixed things about this one but I liked it. 

A brilliant heist film.

An excellent western.

Very good mystery drama. 

A worthy sequel. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:25pm
I have watched this a thousand times since I was a kid, and it´s still one of my favorite movies:

Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator (1984)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:20pm

I really don't know what to make of this one. It's either ingeniously clever or just a load of artsy-fartsy rubbish. Perhaps both. Either way, it's not a movie I'll feel inclined to watch a second time. A shame, as I've enjoyed all the other Darren Aronofsky work I've seen. 
GG2U

Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 3:09pm
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNDBjZWVkNzAtNDAzNC00Y2JkLWJjNTgtNWNiYjZjZDMwNzQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODQ0OTczOQ@@._V1_.jpg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063611/

Extremely bleak anti-war film and superb acting IMO. Clap
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 256>
  Share Topic