Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 256>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 5:16am
This movie is awesome:

Portuguese: O Ca�ador de Trolls
English: Troll Hunter
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 2:44pm

Office Space (1999)

I watched this for the third or fourth time yesterday. Excellent movie - lots of hilarious scenes! Thumbs Up
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:08am
If you're tired with Hollywood Holocaust movies that distort and simplify the history, watch this. Great movie based on the facts. It's nominated for an Oscar, and for a good reason.
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Phonebook Eater Phonebook Eater wrote:

Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Have you seen the Swedish original? Pretty sick and brutal too. I�ll probably take my wife to see the English version. She loved the Swedish version.

I don't like remakes. And the original film is awesome.

With so many books waiting to be adapted (Dark Tower anyone?), why the yankees insist on remaking every sucessful film from another countries?

That's true actually. How about "Let the Right One In"? this Swedish movie obviously had to be remade by Hollywood because it received soo much attention. 

I thought they both were excellent though.  The English one didn't feel like a "major" film, but I think the Swedish one is probably a little better.

As for Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, I thought the English one was better than the Swedish one by a lot.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Phonebook Eater Phonebook Eater wrote:

Have you seen the Swedish original? Pretty sick and brutal too. I�ll probably take my wife to see the English version. She loved the Swedish version.

With so many books waiting to be adapted (Dark Tower anyone?), why the yankees insist on remaking every sucessful film from another countries?

That's true actually. How about "Let the Right One In"? this Swedish movie obviously had to be remade by Hollywood because it received soo much attention. 

Yes! And the original film was never released on DVD in my country (Brazil) due to the existence of the american remake!AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 7:46am

Edited by Phonebook Eater - 16 Jan 2012 at 7:46am

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 6:48am

MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 9:02am
I haven't the Swedish version, but I really liked the American version. It was very climactic, thanks to it's relatively slow pace, that's why probably some might not like it. 

Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 11:59am
Oh, I haven't...should I?  It's also quite a long movie.  Wouldn't really mind seeing it again, though; it was good enough.  Don't know how different the Swedish version is, tbh.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 4:35am
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 3:36am
Just got back from watching The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  Pretty brutal at parts, but overall I enjoyed it, although the ending was something to be improved upon.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 2:28am
Yeah it�s a pretty good one. Nothing outstanding or anything but pretty entertaining.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 5:16pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473705/

that was a decent movie
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 3:09pm
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 2:42pm

Sorry to disappoint you, but it was just a cover for the actual film. LOL

obviously, what film was it? Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 2:02pm
Sorry to disappoint you, but it was just a cover for the actual film. LOL
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 1:41pm

Man that Rachel McAdams is a hot foxWacko

no image 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 1:27pm
Man that Rachel McAdams is a hot foxWacko
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 1:02pm

absolute masterpiece, I just saw it for the first time. 10/10

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 10:14pm
Watched this tonight:

Horrible Bosses (2011)

Really solid movie IMO. While fairly predictable, it had an enjoyable plot and plenty of hilarious scenes. 3.5/5
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 256>
  Share Topic