Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 256>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Second watch. I think the film holds up but it's impact was lessened by a family member who wanted to talk through the whole movie. 

Yeah, I haven't seen that yet (though I am interested in it) but whenever I watch anything that isn't sports, I pretty much need to watch it on my own, because I go absolutely crazy if I'm trying to follow the plot of something, only to have people constantly talking over it. I can get pretty nasty if I'm watching something and people start trying to talk to me LOL
He he it´s quite ironic that someone would talk over a film with very few spoken Words LOL. I enjoyed this one too., and thankfully no one ruined the movie for me with talk Big smile

Edited by UMUR - 10 Dec 2018 at 12:04pm
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:04am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Second watch. I think the film holds up but it's impact was lessened by a family member who wanted to talk through the whole movie. 

Yeah, I haven't seen that yet (though I am interested in it) but whenever I watch anything that isn't sports, I pretty much need to watch it on my own, because I go absolutely crazy if I'm trying to follow the plot of something, only to have people constantly talking over it. I can get pretty nasty if I'm watching something and people start trying to talk to me LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:16am
Almost forgot, also watched this short film:

This is what the director of movies like In Bruges and Three Billboards made first. Already shows plenty of darkly comic brilliance. I overlooked that I had this on the DVD extras of Three Billboards until yesterday. Embarrassed
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:30am

40's colour western. Also part of John Ford's cavalry trilogy. I didn't especially prefer this or Rio Grande - both had their strengths and weaknesses. 

Darkly amusing, as expected. a 70's gem.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 3:45am

The extended version. Great film. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:22pm

Black and white 50's cavalry western starring John Wayne and directed by John Ford. A bit too much singing in this one for my taste. 

Another favourite I haven't watched in a while. For me this is one of the most underrated movies of this decade.

I thought I would give this another go but I found I enjoyed it less on a re-watch. The things they changed and took out of the story from the game really detracts from the story it's supposed to tell IMO. 

Edited by adg211288 - 08 Dec 2018 at 12:23pm
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 3:31am
Fairly entertaining, at least better than the last one:

Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 2:41pm

Re-watch of one of my favourite Eastwood westerns.

The last Eastwood western I hadn't seen, not counting early minor roles. More comedic than usual. 

Watched it years ago and always meant to watch it again, but for some reason only just got in a second viewing. 

Much improved on the first film, a great neo-western. 

A comedy favourite I haven't watched in a while. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:22am

In a word: crap.

Everyone who watched this told me not to bother, I found the opposite to be true. Maybe not reading the book gave me a different perspective.

A bit too obviously low budget to be a truly great movie, but it does a lot on very little. I'm looking forward to watching the sequels. 

They intentionally gave this movie a really dull sounding premise. It turns dark really quickly. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:06am

My 100th western movie seen. Seemed fitting to make it a classic. 

Very good psychological thriller film, featuring a story within a story. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:39pm

True Grit's sequel. Not as good but an enjoyable western. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:45pm

Very entertaining!

Dirty Harry's final film is his weakest, but still pretty good. Did a double take when I spotted Guns n Roses during a funeral scene, even after hearing their music earlier in the film. 

Second watch of this one. Definitely a keeper. A sad but compelling movie. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:46pm

A good western set during the Civil War, where the Union and Confederates reluctantly team up to stop a marauding Apache. A bit overlong in the end, but mostly very good early Sam Peckinpah work. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 8:42am

The fourth Dirty Harry movie proves to be a bit of a step down again, but still very enjoyable. 

Even in the hands of another director, this Tarantino scripted movie proves just as essential viewing for any fan of his work. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 1:38am

Real obscure 70's western. Despite mumbling's around the internet of it being a hidden gem, it's actually a real low budget movie that's short on actual plot (those lines on the poster? Pretty much complete fabrication) and 'The Indian' is unfortunately played by a white actor, which seems real bad in a movie that puts a black man and a Native America as its two leads characters. 

Also neither of them is called Charley One-Eye. Charley One-Eye was a fucking chicken. 

Weird film. Worth watching I guess if you enjoy westerns as much as I do and want to see something unusual, otherwise not recommended. Had potential to be so much more. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 3:35pm

Solid western.

Excellent western.

Another decent western, maybe could have been trimmed a little though. 

So weird that it'll keep you watching, but I can't honestly say it was a good film upon conclusion. Leaves too many questions unanswered and I actually found it rather depressing. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 2:24am

Another brilliant 50's western. 

More excellent Eastwood. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 11:10am

A weaker Eastwood western - still very entertaining. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 5:08am

Early Sam Peckinpah western. Probably the weakest of his I've seen so far. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 2:37am

I preferred the Coen Brothers later take on this story, but this one is very good too and definitely among John Wayne's best westerns. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 256>
  Share Topic