FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 256>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 2:53am

Oh man, what to say about this one?! It's a bit slow going at first but eventually picks up! The creatures in the movie are actually kind of freaky and grotesque. Also, the last half hour or so is kind of trippy. I rather loved it!

Edited by Psydye - 01 Jan 2021 at 2:55am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Love this movie!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 4:34pm
I also watched this earlier in the day, but it was so off the wall and so jammed back with ideas from so many genres that the result was just a jumbled mess. 

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 4:31pm

My final film of 2020 ends up being one of the best seen all year. I may also have a new found appreciate for jazz, thanks to this movie. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 3:04pm
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 2:45pm
Don't forget Mallrats
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Not exactly arthouse cinema this one, but it was funny as fuck, and just as stupid as you'd want it to be!

How was I not aware this existed?! I love the Jay and Silent Bob films!

I still haven´t seen their own movies, but their appearance in Dogma is epic. I love the Dogma movie: 
Dogma Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120655/

Oh yeah, Dogma was great! It was actually my introduction to Jay and Silent Bob....if I may make some recommendations, Jonas, check out:
Clerks
Clerks 2
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

They've made some appearances in other movies, I guess but I haven't checked' em out yet! You may also want to look into Clerks: The Animated Series. Only 6 episodes, from what I can remember but they're pretty funny!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 11:07am
This was excellent. Chuck Schuldiner was a complex person, and could come across as a bit of a dick sometimes. This doesn't sugar coat it too much. However, it also shows how fucking brilliant and driven a musician he was, and how visionary. Well worth a watch.

Some parts of this are fucking hilarious. Some aren't. Not particularly in depth or anything, but it's an amusing diversion for an hour and a bit.

An excellent, but long, documentary about the rise and rise of the Playstation. It would have been even better if there had been subtitles for the interviews with the Japanese participants...

I don't like superhero/comic book movies. Knowing this, my brother thought I might like this, with it being a comedy and all. Yeah, the characters are funny, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, and I like Chris Pratt as an actor, but this movie was just really fucking lame. So I STILL don't like superhero/comic book movies!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 5:06am
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

Not exactly arthouse cinema this one, but it was funny as fuck, and just as stupid as you'd want it to be!

I still haven´t seen their own movies, but their appearance in Dogma is epic. I love the Dogma movie: 
Dogma Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120655/
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 5:01am

This noir seemed a bit run of the mill at first but it really got me in the end. A relatively unknown gem. 
GG2U

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 2:56pm
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/Metropolis_%28German_three-sheet_poster%29.jpg

Nosferatuposter.jpg

Voyage dans la lune title card.png

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 11:14am
Watched two French films today. I have a very mixed experience with French cinema. Some true gems but also some of the most like watching paint dry films I've ever made the mistake of sitting through.

These two add one more to the tally of each category. I wonder if anyone can work out which way around though?

GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:05pm

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 2:04pm

De Palma rips off Psycho (again). Still a good movie, but he kind of already remade Psycho with Dressed to Kill in 1980 so this one feels like a sign that the Golden Age of De Palma was coming to an end, though Carlito's Way, his next film, is certainly a massive last hurrah. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 6:44pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 6:35pm
James Bond vs James T. Kirk #15
I gotta say I really didn't like this one. It's a bit too confused and disjointed, too much suspension of disbelief required. And I got bored part way through it. It really was time for Sean Connery to retire the role. And for someone showing so much flesh, Jill St. John was decidedly unsexy!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 4:47pm

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 3:29pm

That ending...Shocked

Mixed feelings but I ultimately enjoyed this. But it could easily have ended up in the category of 'overlong movie where little happens (that RYM overrates)'. 

Xmas TV 2020 has provided a couple of Pixar movies I hadn't seen yet, the first which was Cars 3. I'm kinder on the Cars franchise than most (though it undoubtedly is Pixar's least interesting) and thought this was decent light-hearted entertainment (unless you buy the theory that in the universe of Cars they killed all the humans, then it gets dark real fast). 

Still haven't seen many silent movies. This one was pretty decent. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 5:02pm
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 3:52pm
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 256>
  Share Topic