Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anyone attending Roskilde festival this year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone attending Roskilde festival this year
    Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 4:02am
their is some awsome bands this year and for Metal their is mostly Mot�rhead, Killswitch Engage, Converge and S�lstafir. 
other awesome artist like Porcupine Tree, Prince, Muse and Them Crooked Vultures

I have bought  festival pass recently and are prepering myself for two weaks of music, beer and camping
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 4:09am
Nope. I haven�t been there since 1995. That was a great year too though. Testament, Konkhra, Napalm Death, Tiamat, Entombed, Cathedral, Body Count just to mention a few of the acts I saw that year.
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Balthamel Balthamel wrote:

other awesome artist like Porcupine Tree, Prince, Muse and Them Crooked Vultures

THAT would be an awesome concert (even though I already saw PT this year)
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 5:52pm
this years Roskilde festival was nothing short of amazing, the artist booked wasstellar. me 1 and a half weak at Shelland outside of Copenhagen was worth it. drank a lot of alcohol ate alot of food, walked some thousend KM each day, got sunburned, want to the most discusting toilets you can think of and saw some of the greatest concert experiances i have been on. I did not se all but I saw some major artist, other majors like Muse i did not managed to see Embarrassed.

ok lets start with the first concert I atended Paramore on Arena stage, my only experience form them is Youtube clips so did not expect much. I good mix of heavy riffs, energy, responsive crowd, nice vocalist both vocaly and looks. but not a great concert, it lacked some edge but other then that OK preformance (I dont care if its labeld EMO rock), to me thay are like Foo Fighters with female singer 6,5/10 Ok show, 

next Porcupine Tree second time I have seen them have 5 of their albums, so I was sort of a fanboy wtching in the crowd, this was also on Arena stage (the second largest stage at roskilde 17000 people, the biggest tent in Europe). realy great show very energic great sound, but sometimes the sound engineir forgott that it was two guitarists on stage. the second guitar was a bit off. so on the heaviest part of Anestetise (or something) you almost stubled becouse the guitar was not their Angry. other then that stellar preformence Gavin was sollid as a anything you feel lucky to witness such talent. Colin is a realy underrated bass player I must say like hes style and hes smiling face, Richard makes prbably the best textures after Eno and Ferry.  and Steven is a godlike creature whos antennas reches to unknown places, higlight Way out of Here I adore this song , most of the Incident, Blackest eyes  and meny other greats. 9/10 I missed some songs from Deadwing, other then that awsome.

next day started with a roar (stil on Arena) Meshuggah enterd stage and what a great band that is, (even though the vocalist loked a little silly when he tried to look angry and scary), realy a brutal piece of music, and a nice showcase of rythem, only  minus was that the sound was low. 7/10

other greate concerts was Them Croocked Vultures, Alice in Chains and a albino rapper called Brother Ali, Mot�rhead, and they all was great.

then the best is saved for last

1. Prince - Oh my freaking God all mighy and may the devil smile as well for what an artist and preformer, realy  mindblowing show, the way he conducted hes band us in the audience, the light guy (on of with the light s all the time LOL) "turn the ligh of" "turn the light on" on and on haha. probably the most  underrated guitarist in the music buiss. to me he is upp their with Clapton and Knophler easly, hes live sole on Purple Rain is goosbumpalli good.  like our local news paper wrote "the only way Roskilde wil topp this is if they resurect Elvis or somthing like that, to make a better show" 10/10

2. the Prodigy - never danced like a manic as much as under this concert (I almost pointed some light sticks in some pore gyus eyes), energy from start to finish. the songs were a bit rearagned whch shows this is not just a random techno/rave band but real artists. they showed that they are one of the greates live band around. the entire Orange Stage was cooking. 10/10

3. Porcupine Tree - read over  9/10

and 4. Pendelum - hade never heard of them before then and hear a litle on them on the camp site. and it sounded great. Prodegy like drum n base, byt only this time it was a real band playing everything.
the band was a real gem live it was crazy, high energy a lot of dancing and crazyness. I realy become a fan that day firs time i Heard them. and that is wat is fun about Roskilde. 9/10

also this year it was a memoreal a marking for the victims that were trampled on during the Pearl Jam concert in 2000 ehn 9 peaple lost their life so the festival had a bit sad aura suroundig it  this year.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 1:45am
You missed Nile??? Heard it was one of the greatest shows on Roskilde this year.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:22am
It clashed with something I think i it was Pendilum but yeah, I had attended that one if I could

I forgott I also saw Killswitch Engage (not that they are better then Nile but ) they were realy good live and I like their melodic metalcore sound and the vocalist is realy talanted. he was almost crying by the response he got from the Arena crowed, many artists becomes emotional on Roskilde for some odd reason Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic