MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Disney Buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disney Buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disney Buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 2015
    Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 3:50pm
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 4:23pm
So far I'm having a hard time deciding if I should rejoice over the fact that the evil capitalist George Lucas is no longer in control of the series he so horribly ruined, or lament over a Star Wars musical now being a very real possibility.  Seriously, am I the only one who doesn't care who makes the movies, as long as they're good?

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 4:28pm
^No I don�t give a shit either, as long as the new movie is great.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 4:44pm
^ I agree, but I don't see this as being great at all. Ermm I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 4:47pm
I thought Disney already owned Lucasfilms.  They own everything. LOL

As for another trilogy, all I can say is that I'll at least give it a shot.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 10:11pm
Can't be worse than Jar-Jar Binks
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 3:44am
Hopefully the new movies will feature a darker atmosphere and yeah...no more Jar-Jar Binks clowns.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 2:12pm
They will be full of singing rancors and dancing womp rats and, of course, many princesses.
renkls View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renkls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 8:02am
Well, Disney owns Marvel as well, and most of those films aren't too atrocious. Never been a Star Wars fan myself honestly, but everyone is on about this, everywhere. Might as well give my little input to this where I can.
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 8:55am

This was awesome. Episode I sucked. I think Disney could make a cool Star Wars movie. Probably will be better than what Lucas has been doing.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 11:15pm
Episodes 1-3 were all pretty bad, and the animated tv series they had was even worse
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 11:10am
Bitching didn't stop bad Star Wars stuff from being made.  It also didn't stop good Star Wars stuff from being made in the same period of time (KOTOR, Battlefront, etc.)
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Bitching didn't stop bad Star Wars stuff from being made.  It also didn't stop good Star Wars stuff from being made in the same period of time (KOTOR, Battlefront, etc.)

Battlefront was, and still is, THE SHIZNIT.  Good times hacking the PC version to play as Jedi (and even more trying to get the thing to stop crashing).
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 3:31pm
Just realized my image never showed up. I was trying to put up a John Carter poster to show why I think this could actually end up being pretty darn cool.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

They will be full of singing rancors and dancing womp rats and, of course, many princesses.

I like princesses, if they look like LeiaBig smile. Damn she was smoking hot back then. And that attitudeHeart

Edited by UMUR - 02 Nov 2012 at 3:46pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 4:43pm
Disney likes holiday-themed stuff.  Any chance for Star Wars Holiday Special Part II: Bea Arthur Strikes Back (From The Dead)?
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 6:10pm
The thing is, I think, that the more modern Star Wars stuff lacks the magic and naivety that made the Original Trilogy and the old Marvel Star Wars comics as well as the RPG scenarios and short stories in the old Star Wars Adventure Journal so special. Most Expanded Universe stuff, I think, is utter shit, some exceptions being the KOTOR games, the JK games (and all other things Kyle Katarn), the Droids animated series and a handful of comics, graphic novels and source books.

Who knows, perhaps this Disney deal will actually bring the magic back into Star Wars. Or maybe it'll dumb down the franchise even more.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 6:47pm
In my opinion, the fact that a new Star Wars movie is on the way is a good news regardless of which film studio is going to make it. I think that quality of the episode VII will depend on who the movie is going to be addressed to - kids or older viewers.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I like princesses, if they look like LeiaBig smile. Damn she was smoking hot back then. And that attitudeHeart

QUOTEFORTRUTH
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 8:20am
Originally posted by dtguitarfan dtguitarfan wrote:

Just realized my image never showed up. I was trying to put up a John Carter poster to show why I think this could actually end up being pretty darn cool.

Yes, John Carter was great. I think is a good reference for Disney's Star Wars.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic