MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannibal Corpse Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elder08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannibal Corpse Thread
    Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 1:44pm
Okay to start this thing off im about to see them live at freebird live in jacksonville are they any good live?
I scrolled through the offended page and listened to cannibal corpse while masturbating.-elder08
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 2:17pm
Well I�ve only seen them live once and that was on the tour for The Bleeding ( or possibly Tomb of the Mutilated I can�t remember) with Chris Barnes on vocals. I wasn�t too impressed. A professional show for sure but their music gets trivial after a couple of tracks IMO. The show I saw also featured Fear Factory playing their first ever concert in Denmark and they blew Cannibal Corpse away. Maybe they are better with Corpsegrinder?
DeathOfSeasons View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathOfSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 10:32am
I haven't seen them live but from footage I've seen they seem pretty good. You've gotta love the stage banter:

"This next song, this next song, is about shooting blood out of your cock"
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 12:21pm
^LOL
elder08 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elder08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 1:25pm
OMG are you f**king kidding me, me and my friend wyatt were joking about that all day we also joke about how george fisher probably spends his free time killing bears with axes in the woods and shit haha
I scrolled through the offended page and listened to cannibal corpse while masturbating.-elder08
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 9:18pm
The Corpse show I went to a few years ago (in support of Kill) was among my favorite metal shows I've been to.  I didn't get in the pit, but I stood in the back of the lower level and banged my head like crazy.  You haven't lived until you experience Hammer Smashed Face live.

I love it when Corpsegrinder just stands there with his arms at his side staring right through the crowd.  It's intense, and he's an entertaining frontman.  The concert I attended is the Toronto show that was on their latest DVD release, making it easy for me to want to purchase it.
elder08 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elder08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 1:15pm
Sounds badass dude i'm only fourteen (WHU-!) so i had to ask my mom and shes still telling me i cant go but the venues site says 12 and up, doubt i'll get in the pit either bro lol
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 1:20pm
I went with my brother to my first concert when I was 13-14 as far as I remember ( I think it was Metallica, but it might have been Paradise Lost). But then again the rules are probably very different in Denmark as opposed to the US.
elder08 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elder08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 2:17pm
??? Rules?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 1:57am

Venues serving alcohol and such? You said yourself in one of the posts above "venues site says 12 and up" I guess that�s a rule right?

In Denmark there are no rules to how old you have to be to attend concerts, but you can�t buy alcohol until you�re 18 ( as far as I remember). Not that it�s ever been a problem buying alcohol before that age for me or anyone I know ( the Danish authorities are not very strict about this), but those are the rules in Denmark.
DeathOfSeasons View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathOfSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Venues serving alcohol and such? You said yourself in one of the posts above "venues site says 12 and up" I guess that�s a rule right?

In Denmark there are no rules to how old you have to be to attend concerts, but you can�t buy alcohol until you�re 18 ( as far as I remember). Not that it�s ever been a problem buying alcohol before that age for me or anyone I know ( the Danish authorities are not very strict about this), but those are the rules in Denmark.

In Australia (to be more specific Melbourne) most Metal shows are Over-18 only due to the fact they serve alcohol, which means nine times out of ten under-18's miss out on bands like Cannibal Corpse, Amon Amarth, Cult of Luna and many others (unless they play an under-18 show, which hardly ever happens).
elder08 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elder08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 2:09pm
I cant wait May 14 I get to see them
LoudTrax.com View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:18am
Saw Cannibal Corpse live in Montreal on April 27, 2010.  Show was awesome, they played songs from new album and nice selection from previous albums.  Sound was dead on and crowd was really into it!

Opening bands wre 1349 and Skeletonwitch.  

i did an interview with the drummer Paul that day.  if you haven't seen it, read interview here.  Was pretty cool to meet him.
http://www.loudtrax.com/Interviews.aspx

LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 2:20am
Holy Fuck !! What have I been missing ??
Just got my vinyl copy of Tomb of the Mutilated. This shit is INSANE !!
This album could’ve been released last week, it sounds that good ( yeah, Scott Burns / Morrisound studios......I’ve done my homework !).   The rhythm section (Paul and Alex) are fucking SUPERB !! Everything on this platter is damn near perfect. Just thought I’d put it out there......
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 1:12pm
Butchered at Birth and Tomb of the Mutilated were an incredible one-two punch back in the day. They set the standards for Cannibal Corpse's career, and the band has never flagged since, even with the change of vocalist and different band members through the years.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 7:23pm
......I used to ridicule DM for years..........now I feel like I’m a bandwagon jumper........
Being a Prog-head, I thank Opeth for opening my ears and mind to Extreme music.
Barnes’ gutteral on Tomb is about the best I’ve heard so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image