MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedToto (proto metal)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toto (proto metal)
    Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 9:42am
ok this is a loooooooooooooong stretch but a sencere one just put my thoughts on this suggestion.
maybe becouse i'm bored and wan't some riot or i seriolsy think they are an enrichment to the metal genre and one important band  to the genres influence .

Toto is a realy hard band to pinhole to one genere becouse they have never held to one genere very long but their metal hard rock influence is strong on all their albums (exept IV and Fahrenheit). their safest trumph card is the guitarist Steve Lukather who are one of the pioneers in Heavy metal guitar technique, even before Steve Vai, Satch, Malmsteen, van Halen he is also after Steve Hackett i Pioneer in fast sweep picking.

TOTO have three metal like albums, Turn Back, Isolation and Kingdom of Desire.
and all their albums have one ore more metal songs
Girl Goodbye, Hold the Line, Angela, White Sister, Afraid of Love, Lovers in the Night, Only the Children, Home of the Brave, Daves Goes Skiing, Drag Him to the Roof, Cought in the Ballance and Falling in Between) 

( and since they will never be added in Progarchives and ther is no realy good AOR archives to find or Jazz Archives   then this is the best site for them to be added en get respected) 

Edited by Balthamel - 19 Apr 2010 at 9:42am
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 11:59am
Despite a few points that you mention, this exactly the kind of Band Teo talks about being a possible damage to the site.
We're gonna do a little number featuring Randy Rhoads...

Wine is fine but whisky's quicker.

That's what Rock n' Roll's About!!!!
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 3:57pm
Please see this:
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=418

This was written for members to read, even if they disagree. Personally, I don't believe Toto are metal, but - regardless of what I think - the key word here is WAIT. I made it very clear that any thread suggesting potentially controversial bands will be closed for the time being.  Please feel free to continue the discussion in the thread called "Controversial subgenres".

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic