MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aerosmith & Whitesnake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aerosmith & Whitesnake
    Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 4:39am
I find Aerosmith to be a bit of stretch here, although it causes me no problems

BUT:

1- the album  Live Bootleg StarStarStarStarStar  dates from 1978 or 1979 and not fom 1988 or 1989

2-  finding them under the Glam Metal genre for three albums (from Perm Vac to Grip), I thought that strange........ In the 70's they were pure hard rock and even during the late 80's and early 90's, they were never really metal to my ears, so I wouldn't know under which genre these would fit... But Glam or Hair metal seem a little offensive. Steven Tyler was never a Dee Snyder or Gene Simmons or Alice Cooper

I also have the same problem with Whitesnake:

1- the late 70's album (until at least the other Purple members are gone) should not be tTrad Metal (since this is too Blues-oriented) but in proto metal

2- the Glam albums of  late 80's-early 90's, again Coverdale was no Dee Snyder or Gene Simmons or Alice Cooper, although he might have been hair metal  

Edited by Sean Trane - 18 Apr 2010 at 4:57am
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 6:52am
I would like to remind everyone that the Errors and Omissions of the forum is for reporting FACTUAL errors and omissions (i.e. wrong data in a bio, missing or redundant albums, etc.) - NOT for disagreeing with a band's placement, which is - after all - a subjective thing. Therefore, this thread and any similar others will be moved to where they belong - the Help Us Improve the Site section.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 3:59am
OK, Raff

You're right of course.....

I had first started this thread for the Live Bootleg album, which  IS from 1978 (that's a fact).... but i soon digressed.

Edited by Sean Trane - 19 Apr 2010 at 4:02am
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 7:31am
OK, the Live Bootleg entry has been fixed, and missing information added. 
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:10am
^^
Thanks, Raff

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic