MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Tribute Bands and Metal Music Radio
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - An ecclectic hour of Progressive Rock on local NPR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An ecclectic hour of Progressive Rock on local NPR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An ecclectic hour of Progressive Rock on local NPR
    Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 7:34am
Well, this is a little early but I wanted to allow people to plan for it, and I will bump this thread a couple times to remind people:
A couple of my buddies and I have started a tradition.  The local NPR station does bi-annual fundraisers (as most NPR stations do) and if you donate at a certain level, they will let you come on their station and play DJ for an hour.  So my buddies and I have now done two Progressive Rock Hour shows on this station (if you want to hear them, please PM me).  We have a date for our next show!  We will be doing another Progressive Rock (and/or Metal) Hour on October 18th from 8-9 PM Eastern Daylight Time (that's UTC/GMT -4 hours).  I know what you're thinking: "I don't live in Chattanooga, TN!  So how could I listen in?"  Well, they have streaming!  To tune in via web, browse to http://www.wutc.org/ and click one of the options in the "Now Playing" block in the right-hand column.  For this show, we have selected a lineup of some fairly obscure and ecclectic Prog.
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 4:32pm
How is TN -4? I live in RI and it's -5 here. Time wise.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 4:34pm
Sounds cool. Would you mind giving us a hint as to what bands/albums you'll be playing?
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

Sounds cool. Would you mind giving us a hint as to what bands/albums you'll be playing?

Well, I don't want to give away the setlist publicly, but I will PM you.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Andyman1125 Andyman1125 wrote:

How is TN -4? I live in RI and it's -5 here. Time wise.

I think because it's daylight savings time.  I pulled that info from here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 7:06am
1 week from today...
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 7:42am
2 days....
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 6:00pm
In a little over an hour....
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 8:57pm
How did it go?

I'd love to do something like that, but I'm not a 'talker'. I'd make a terrible DJ quite frankly, and that's just being honest, not belittling myself or anything.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 9:48pm
aw shit, i just realized i missed this. i listened to the first two shows you sent me and enjoyed them. if the third one was recorded, would you mind pming me the link?
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 7:36am
Sure thing!

It went well, though we did have a couple small errors. But it was no big deal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image