Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommend an album to the person above you

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renkls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommend an album to the person above you
    Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 5:42am
I didn't see a thread on here such as this, but if there is, link me up to it. If not, let's play.
I recommend myself some Ogre, that band is pretty neat stoner/doom metal.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:20am
You should check out Fetishism by Sabbat, just in case you haven't checked out any of their other albums yet.
renkls View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renkls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

You should check out Fetishism by Sabbat, just in case you haven't checked out any of their other albums yet.

I quite enjoyed it. Talented band indeed, but it pales before their opus The Dwelling.

Seeing as I see you appear to not have rated much metalcore (though this release isn't really metalcore in my opinion), check out Ictus - Imperivm. One of the few 5 star ratings I've given on here.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 1:25pm
Since you seem to be very keen on albums consisting of a single song/piece, and you don't have any moral objections with listening to NSBM bands, I would recommend you check out Noontide by Fanisk, if you haven't already.
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 2:42pm
Well, since you don't have a RYM account any more ( Cry ) I'm not sure if you've heard these already, but based on the fact that you like Pink Floyd I'd recommend Riverside (might as well start with their first, Out of Myself - it's great) or Kingcrow (Phlegethon).
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 8:40pm
No, I still have an RYM account, I'm just temporarily banned from using the site and have hidden all my info from the public eye. However, that soon won't be a problem, since my ban expires in a week. Cool

I am already familiar with Riverside, fantastic band, Out of Myself and Second Life Syndrome are both Prog Rock/Metal masterpieces; so I guess I'll take that other band as your rec.

As for you, I would recommend "Mirage" by Camel, as they are a classic Prog band and according to your RYM page, you do not appear to have listened to any of their albums yet.

Edited by IMPF2112 - 07 Oct 2012 at 8:42pm
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 9:30pm
To you, I recommend Hunengrab im Herbst by Nagelfar.
renkls View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renkls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 9:15am

Since you seem to be very keen on albums consisting of a single song/piece, and you don't have any moral objections with listening to NSBM bands, I would recommend you check out Noontide by Fanisk, if you haven't already.

Glad you enjoyed Imperivm. I quite like Noontide, but I think I'll need to let it grow on me a little more before I review it properly. At the moment it's sitting at a 3.5. I like the keyboards.

I recommend to Wilytank, some Devil Doll, specifically The Sacrilege of Fatal Arms. Its metal influence is slight, but don't let that sway you from this masterpiece.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 9:19am
Check out The Voice of Steel by Nokturnal Mortum. Just because it's the greatest album ever made and stuff.
renkls View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renkls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 6:21am

Check out The Voice of Steel by Nokturnal Mortum. Just because it's the greatest album ever made and stuff.

That's high praise, I'll be checking that out when I can. In the meantime, if you want to hear one of the predecessors (or inventors) of drone doom metal, check out Naked City's Leng Tch'e. Brilliantly unhinged stuff.
renkls View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renkls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 1:52am

Amazing stuff.
renkls View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renkls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 1:53am
To all reading this, check out Rorcal's Heliogabalus.
70 minute drone doom masterpiece.

http://rorcalmusic.tumblr.com/
(free download from their site too)
Jd_Wheels View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jd_Wheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 2:46pm
I just heard Rorcal's Heliogabalus, and it was pretty good, despite the recording quality making it hard to fully 'Drone' out... would rather hear the new Demon Lung - good Doom and recorded well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic