MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scifi Metal anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Niche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scifi Metal anyone?
    Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 12:12pm
So, I've looked around and there's a little bit of it out there. Star One and Keldian, for example. I've some crazy ideas going through my head at the moments (flanged drums, for example) and I'm currently working on a kind of alright track that uses some of them. But I want to take it a hell of a lot further. So I'm not really sure what I'm asking at the moment xD No wait, now I have it. Two things:

1 - Anyone interested in making an online project of it? Looking for any kind of musicians, really, but especially a vocalist - and preferably a flexible one.

2 - Anyone got any suggestions about possible sounds etc?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 1:52pm
Sounds like something I�d be interested in, but unfortunately I�m a fool with a computer and haven�t yet been able to record a single note with my guitar on a computer.
The Niche View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Niche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 1:54pm
Have you an interface and all that? :L
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 2:14pm
TongueWhat is an interface? (this is the level I�m onWacko)

...I have an electric guitar and an amp. That�s about it.
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 2:22pm
isn't the Spawn soundtrack scifi metal? 
The Niche View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Niche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 2:26pm
Oooh, I'll look that up ^_^
@UMUR: Audio interface = connection between the computer and the guitar (or sometimes amp). If you've a mind to get into recording, it's the only necessary hardware (i.e. the bit you're unlikely to get free)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 3:06pm
I didn�t know it was called an interface but I actually purchased an USB Audio Interface last year. I haven�t used it yet though. Fear of new technical devices I guessLOL. Any simple recording software you can recommend?
The Niche View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Niche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 3:11pm
There is no simple xD Ableton Live comes with some pretty good tutorials.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 3:20pm
Why oh why does it always have to be so complexCry. I just want to plug in, turn the volume up to pain level and bother my neighboursEvil Smile.

...alright I�ll write down the Ableton Live name and try to check it out.
The Niche View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Niche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 2:46am
Beware of wild price tags.
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by The Niche The Niche wrote:

Beware of wild price tags.

LOL. totally.

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by The Niche The Niche wrote:

Keldian,

Amazing band! So underrated! TongueThumbs UpBowdown
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic