MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weird glitch on the Cheap Trick page.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird glitch on the Cheap Trick page.
    Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:49pm
So, Cheap Trick have two self-titled albums, one their debut and one a much later album from 1997.

But if you go to the Cheap Trick Page: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/cheap-trick.aspx?ac=cheap%20trick and click on their debut album, it takes you to the page to their 1997, not the debut.

As far as I can tell this means it's literally impossible to get to the album page for the debut.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 1:44am
I�d delete the album entry and if the other one is still there I�d delete that one too. Then add the albums again. This is an error we�ve seen before.
Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 10:10am
Yeah, it looks like whoever did the page tried to distinguish them by adding a full stop to the end of the title of the second one but it hasn't worked.

I'd suggest that when the page is redone that they be referred to as Cheap Trick (1977) and Cheap Trick (1997) to avoid confusion.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:47pm
Done, thanks for noticing. Thumbs Up It's happened quite a few times before.
<- Click on this!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 3:30pm
Thumbs UpThanks Pekka. I didn�t have time to make the correction at the time of my first post and forgot about it again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic