MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traditional Metal, NWoBHM and Power Metal fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traditional Metal, NWoBHM and Power Metal fans
    Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:16pm
Are you Traditional Metal, NWoBHM and/ or Power Metal fan?

Post here your post.

Don't hesitate!!!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 2:48pm
Love all 3 of those genres. I'm going to give a big Thumbs Up for Vicious Rumors, a sadly underatted power metal band from the USA. In fact I just reviewed their eponymous third album for this site the other day, their best as it happens. I'll be getting round to reviewing more of theirs over the coming weeks.
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 2:01am
In my opinion Warlord is one of the more great bands in the world.
With Dio and Warlock/ Doro, Saxon and Priest  (and Purple's galaxy) is between my favorire
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 2:45am
i love that genres bro, though not a huge fan myself
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Helloween are a few of my faves :)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 3:53am
Helloween? Arghhh... Here is one of the many bands that I include in my list!
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 4:29am
Jeez!
All 3 are good! But I'm very picky with all 3 . . .
This list is gonna' be updated every day! Tongue (Some are in the Prog Metal genre as well):

Trouble
Deep Purple
Rainbow
Dio (was a fan at the start but really only know his 1st 5 albums Disapprove)
Kingdom Come (1st)
Blue Murder (1st) Sykes is a freakin' Incredible Guitarist.
Black Sabbath (especially all of the post-Ozzy, but Ozzie is Ozzy Wink)
Ozzy Osborne (all of the Randy Rhodes albums and "Speak of the Devil" with
the underated "Brad Gillis" on Guitar!)
Iron Maiden
Queensryche
Warrior ("Fighting for the Earth" needs to be re-issued!)
Judas Priest
Helloween (I really only like the "Michael Kiske" era)
Vandenburg (1st)
Accept
Loudness (Before they signed a major contract with an Amercan Label)
Savatage
Budgie
Warlock
Saxon ("Power and the Glory" and "Crusader" are Classic!)
Scorpions (Finally just getting into the Uli Jon Roth era)
TNT
Y&T (The 1st 4 only)
Blind Guardian
Stone Fury (Singer Lenny Wolf for Kingdom Come 1st Band)
Bodine (Arjen Luccasen of Ayreon, Star One, Guilt Machine and Stream of Passion was
Lead Guitarist in this and one of many Metal Bands in the 80's)
Dokken (1st 3)
Whitesnake (All era's)
UFO (How could I foget, even the early post-Michael Schienker era is good!)
I need to get a CD copy of Vicious Rumours "Digital Dictator", I only have the LP.
Warlord (Mark Zonder of Fates Warning and current Band Slaviour, on Drums 1st major
Band! "Thunderchild" as he was known LOL) I only have this on LP too.

I'll add more soon Tongue I just know i'll slap my head when I see more of you guys list stuff,
but i'm too sleepy to remember my stash stored in boxes Cry.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 14 Apr 2010 at 2:37pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:17pm
Yes, I definitely amWink! I love many of the bands listed in the above post. I am actually much more of a fan of classic Hard Rock/Heavy Metal than of any of the more extreme variations. 
alberto mu�oz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:45pm
What do you think about Saxon?, is a band that have a great guitars players, i love the mid pace riffs of Wheels of Steel, and the manic tempo of Fire in The Sky.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 3:45am
Saxon? Really a great band, for me. I've several CD, Lp and MC of this band.

Raff... Also some Extreme Metal albums are great. But Classic Metal is more coloured and with more feeling and emotions, for me (and not only for me). So I appreciate more Classic etal.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 3:53am
I must say, I love these three "genres" - after all, Iron Maiden is my fave band of all time
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 6:01am
Originally posted by alberto mu�oz alberto mu�oz wrote:

What do you think about Saxon?, is a band that have a great guitars players, i love the mid pace riffs of Wheels of Steel, and the manic tempo of Fire in The Sky.

Great band, and one of my first approaches to 'real' metal when the NWoBHM started. I saw them live in Rome in the mid-Eighties (can't remember the exact year now), and they put up a great show.
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:16am
Listening to Judas Priest right now. Also love...
Ozzy Osbourne
Iron Maiden
Yngwie Malmsteen
Saxon
Whitesnake (Provided you guys don't class them as Glam...But I love Glam anyway so who cares!)
Scorpions
Witchfinder General
Def Leppard (On Through The Night is N.W.O.B.H.M. regardless of what they sound like later!)
Angel Witch
Motorhead
Dio
Iced Earth (Surely those guys are classed as Power Metal)
I'm also a Thrash and an A.O.R. fan.
Definition of A.O.R: Not hard enough to be hard rock, or glam enough to be glam or prog enough to be prog
but a little bit like all of them. Late 70's to early 80's appears to be its peak. Bands include...Boston, Journey, Asia, etc... Good for getting drunk and singing to.
Oh, and Raff, by any chance are you a U.F.O. fan?
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:30am
Re UFO: I am not extremely familiar with them, but what I know, I like a lot. I also love the early albums by the Michael Schenker Group, whom I believe has recently been added to the DB. Great stuff!
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:53am
Best U.F.O. albums to go for is 'Obsession' and 'No Place To Run' (been in love with those for 12 years now!) Close behind that are 'Lights Out' and 'Phenomenon'.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:22am

I like a lot of the songs on "Crusader", which is part of my collection, - but I must admit that I'm not that familiar Saxon's other releases.
alberto mu�oz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:26am
Saxon was big name in the early years of the NWOBHM, i remember reading in a magazine that they was the revelation in Reading 80.

Time Signature, you must hear Wheels of Steel, Saxon and Strong Arm of The Law and the firat live album, they are essential Saxon.

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 5:39pm
I'm a fan of all three. Thumbs Up
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Harry View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:20pm
Ozzy Osbourne was a big favorite of mine back in 2004. When I got better at guitar I used to like kicking out Mr Crowley and Crazy Train. Randy Rhoads is a big influence on my guitar playing style.
First two Rising Force (Malmsteen) albums ruled. Some really tasty and melodic solos on those albums.
 Everything after that sounded basically the same, but Malmsteen will always be a big influence on my guitar playing with his fluid style and amazing vibrato.

First 2 Sabbath albums will always be the peak of classic metal in my books though

Edited by Harry - 14 Apr 2010 at 11:20pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 3:05am

Time Signature, you must hear Wheels of Steel, Saxon and Strong Arm of The Law and the firat live album, they are essential Saxon.

I'll check them out. Thanks.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 8:45am
Some Trad Metal bands as Gotthard or Talisman (just to mame 2 band that I reviewed) are more close To AOR that to Heavy Metal. The problem, for me, is that these bands are Class Metal. But Class Metal is a genre of Heavy Metal, for you or it is only a branch of Trad Heavy metal?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic