MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The best "comeback" album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What's your favorite "return" album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [3.57%]
1 [3.57%]
8 [28.57%]
6 [21.43%]
2 [7.14%]
3 [10.71%]
4 [14.29%]
3 [10.71%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best "comeback" album
    Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 2:57pm
Some bands ended, and later returned. What's your favorite "comeback album"?
Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 3:01pm
Voivod or Iron Maiden from the list. But it's Psychotic Waltz's new album if they do really returnSmile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

Voivod or Iron Maiden from the list. But it's Psychotic Waltz's new album if they do really returnSmile
...you�ll have to listen before passing judgement won�t youSmile? I also expect it to be brilliant but I�ve been disappointed before.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 3:22pm
I think "Tempo of the Damned" was a brilliant comeback. Maybe their best album.
Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

...you�ll have to listen before passing judgement won�t youSmile? I also expect it to be brilliant but I�ve been disappointed before.

Words of wisdom, let's hope Dan Rock's guitar has not got grey along with his beardSmile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 3:47pm
^I just hope for some instrumental excursions and structurally challenging songs in the vein of the ones on "Into the Everflow". While "Bleeding" is a really good album I�ve always felt it was too formulaic vers/chorus based. Some of the transitions between sections sound slightly awkward to my ears.
Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 4:02pm

^I just hope for some instrumental excursions and structurally challenging songs in the vein of the ones on "Into the Everflow". While "Bleeding" is a really good album I�ve always felt it was too formulaic vers/chorus based. Some of the transitions between sections sound slightly awkward to my ears.

I prefer Into The Everflow too. I don't know why but I have always felt some Uriah Heep sound in that album. It's a masterpieceSmile
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:35pm
Exodus' more recent albums are better than their classic period, honestly
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 8:34pm

I think "Tempo of the Damned" was a brilliant comeback. Maybe their best album.

I'm not a big Exodus fan, but from what I've heard of them I think you might be right.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 2:10am
Heathen, got me back into Thrash after a looooong absence.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 3:00am
I only know three albums on the list. My favourite out of them is Brave New World. Brave New World is NOT a comeback album. Iron Maiden never went away, they merely had line-up changes.

From the list, I'd say Immortal - All Shall Fall.

Voting other though for Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 6:45am
Exodus for me as well. I would never call it their best album because I am bonded by blood to their debut and I've been doing the Toxic Waltz for as long as I can remember me. However, it would defintely be a candidate for second or third best and it is a thrash metal masterpiece. 

Relentless guitar tone (seriously, one of the best out there), fantastic drumming by the oh-so-underappreciated Tom Hunting and probably Zetro's best vocal performance. That bridge riff on War is my Shepherd, Shroud of Urine and its face busting groove, briliiant soloing, the thrash onslaught that is Forward March (and another fucking awesome solo right there)... Yeah, easily tops this poll.

I would rank it among the best in the 00s and in the top 3 best-of-thrash-after-the-golden-era (just made this list up). Along with Testament's The Gathring and one of the Vektor albums (Outer Isolation probably).

Alice in Chains is a good call, great-great album! 

Heathen's was a good comeback for sure. The same could be said for Artillery and Sacrifice imo. I know many people here in Greece loved Monotheist, although that's not my cup of tea.

...and I'll add my voice to those who are eagerly expecting the new Psychotic Waltz. And who prefer Into the Everflow.
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:27am
Tempo of the Damned from that list for me.
Forbidden and Maiden tied as a close second.

Some other bands may have done a better comeback from non-existance (Down 3) but aren't on the list.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 4:23pm
Voted Other.  Overkill's Ironbound, Lunar Aurora's Hoagascht, and Bathory's Blood on Ice destroy everything on this list.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 8:04pm
Brave New World without a doubt. 
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 1:25pm
Monotheist!
Inexistence is the true normality.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

Monotheist!

Headbanger
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 8:21am
Went for Iron Maiden, great come back - surprised me a little
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 7:40am
From the list i been listening to and enjoyed All Shall Fall - Immortal the most, very good modern BM.
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
Sinbad Konick View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinbad Konick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 10:05pm
Fans have been getting a bit impatient as Son Dam Bi's comeback has been delayed several times. However, it seems they�ll still have to wait just a little longer for Pledis Entertainment has revealed that the soloist�s comeback album is still on hold at the moment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic