0 [0.00%]
5 [50.00%]
2 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Weird Queensryche Poll
    Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:07pm
Getting to know more and more information about the scandalous break-up between the band members and Geoff Tate and the fact that both parties have given different explanations to what has happened inside the band since roughly the album Promised Land, I have had this stupid idea to create this stupid poll: who do you believe or maybe would like to believe? Or which option is closest to you?

Edited by Lynx33 - 28 Jul 2012 at 5:07pm
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:27pm
If you actually believe Geoff Tate, you are too stupid to live. But at the end of the day, who gives a shit? It's the music that counts.

Edited by IMPF2112 - 28 Jul 2012 at 8:05pm
Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

If you actually believe Geoff Tate, you are to stupid to live. But at the end of the day, who gives a shit? It's the music that counts.

Words of wisdom.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 8:00am
Tate is a gigantic asshole.

The rest of the band are grand pussies for putting up with him and letting him do whatever the fuck he wanted, just so they could get that paycheck, easily and effortlessly.

Now that the shit has hit the fan, I'm mostly enjoying rubbing the latest circus (and cabaret...and ...and) in the face of those people who used to bust my balls about how Queensryche was the epitome of Genius and Art and how Tate was treated psychologically after his divine performance in OM... "Queensryche, the thinking man's metal band", so ahead of the rest intellectually. 

WELL HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES NOW BITCHES? :) Tate, the homoerotic genie of the lamp spits in the face of Scott Rockenfield after dancing like a douche. 

Disclaimer: I love QR up to the Promised Land. I always hated their most rabid fans.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:47am
The music is the point. And I hope the next release will be a prog metal monster now that Tate has finally gone!
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 5:30am
I think the band are telling the truth but exagerating, and I think Geoff THINKS he's telling the truth because he's him.
Its not like the band are totally stupid for sticking with him, because you don't quit your job or divorce your partner after the first infraction, it takes time and a breaking point and it isn't as if he was a dick 24/7 for twenty years, its only after a while they'd notice there's way more bad than good and the good Geoff's never coming back.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:56am
If Tate has really been holding the band back from making the type of music that they like (and that I like), then he has to go. I look forward to hearing the new (and hopefully improved) Queensr�che.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 6:58am
^The new singer sounds like a real treat to my ears, so there�s no need to worry about that either. Hopefully they�ll go out of their way to make the album as heavy and progressive as possible to win back all the fans they�ve lost the last 15 years or so. I think most people feel that everything up until "Promised Land" were the best quality material the band have produced and everything after has been either disappointing or pretty standard.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 8:21am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^The new singer sounds like a real treat to my ears, so there�s no need to worry about that either. Hopefully they�ll go out of their way to make the album as heavy and progressive as possible to win back all the fans they�ve lost the last 15 years or so. I think most people feel that everything up until "Promised Land" were the best quality material the band have produced and everything after has been either disappointing or pretty standard.

This.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic