MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big confusion over the deathcore genre

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big confusion over the deathcore genre
    Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 10:40pm
M@X, Death Metal teamsters, David/Birdwithteeth, calling you guys.

Okay, so I just went to the metalcore team thread and I've been informed that deathcore bands go to death metal, which is all cool, seeing as how deathcore is usually more likely to be musically related to death metal than metalcore anyway.

But when I go to the main page, deathcore is still listed as a sub genre under metalcore.
Uhhh, shouldn't the definition of the page be changed seeing as how deathcore bands are now apparently meant to be going under death metal and not metalcore?

Edited by Harry - 10 Apr 2010 at 10:41pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 2:18am
That sounds resonable Harry.
Beekeeper View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beekeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:00am
wait but deathcore IS a subgenre of metalcore regardless of similarity to death metal is it not?
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 3:38pm
^Yeah, I thought deathcore was closer to metalcore than death metal anyways. Not that I'm trying to argue about it, we already have a separate thread for that. But still, deathcore deviated from metalcore. We already have the NWOBHM branch of the traditional metal genre, why not deathcore off of metalcore?
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic