MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viewing ratings and reviews separately

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viewing ratings and reviews separately
    Posted: 25 May 2012 at 2:00pm
Let me begin by saying the combination of a 5-star rating plus a 100-word review is a terrific idea and should be kept.  I really like how this site allows users to rate albums with just a click, and at the same time encourages them to back it up with a review.  Some of our more productive members have hundreds of ratings and are somehow able to write reviews for almost every one of them, but for a lot of us, this simply isn't possible for a variety of reasons: our reviewing process is too long to give each album the attention it needs, we don't have immediate access to the music that needs to be reviewed, etc.  So, I think it would be beneficial to be able to view a member's rating list in a way that only displays ratings with a review attached to them, or at least in a way other than just putting a link to the review next to the album names.  This would make it easier to keep track of reviews, especially for those who only review sporadically. 

I guess this could be filed under "ways to organize ratings" since we've had plenty of discussion on that already.  And if this is already possible, then I'm an idiot.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 3:28pm
I think it�s a good idea and I�ve added it to a list of site changes we�re currently working on in the admin zone.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 4:58pm
Thanks, Jonas.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic