Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [25.00%]
9 [75.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sushi or Kebab - what do you prefere
    Posted: 23 May 2012 at 3:20am
are you the refined, healthy, oriental guy who likes to eat with two types of wood, between your finger, to show of your outworldlyness and finess, and chopstick skill, or do you like to just be cerved a pita bread full of meat you really don't know where it comes from (hopefully from some sheep, cow, chicken, gees), with dressing, hot sauce, corn, and a plastic fork,

is the spicyness of wasabi and ginger, and the nice falvours of a tuna-slize on a rice pate your ideal meal or is it a a nice roller kebab filled with all the things you love to be wrapped in some dough,

i personaly can't really disside,

im the sushikebab persona im greasy and sofisticated recaranted, i bit of both worlds im the chopsticpitabreadeating freak of nature,
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 3:27am
http://www.fatburningfurnace.com/images/is%20sushi%20healthy%20for%20weight%20loss_types%20of%20sushi.jpg

http://www.sushimag.com/images/maki_sushi.jpg

look it stares at you
http://steamykitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/sushi-cupcakes-2.jpg

http://www.lunchanddinner.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Kebab-recipes.jpg

http://www.olympiaimc.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/kebab-platter-yum.jpg

http://www.parstimes.com/cuisine/kebab.jpg
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 3:40am
I love both. Knowing that it is not a very macho thing to eat, I love fish in general, and sushi is no exception. And, yes, I eat it with chopsticks and enjoy the soy-wasabe-ginger tastes as well. I especially love tamake sushi rolls and tuna sashimi and I won't say no to some seaweed salad either. There are some good sushi places around where I live, but I've had sushi in Japan and nothing really beats that. I've never thought of sushi as sophisticated or anything like that. I just like it so I eat it.

I love greasy kebabs, too. There is a place near where I live called Kebabland II where they serve awesome low cuisine kebab with fries and "remoulade" - droool. I also quite often went to a place called "Le Cafe Mykonos" in Manchester where they served really awesome greasy kebab in a sort of US diner setting - drool. And, there's this place in Stockholm that I tried a couple of times (I have no idea where it is or what it's called, as someone else took me there), where they serve brilliantly greasy kebabs with enormous portions of rice - drool.

Sushi vs. kebab? That's a draw. I can't decide.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 4:11am
it is just you have to learn a new way of using tools, for eating sushi, and learning new techniques usualy demands a certain level of sofistication and tidyness, and stubbornnes, but mostly sophistcated, I also think it seem sofisticated to dip it in soya, and with mixing the delicate soya with the strong wasabi is also something i would label, sofisticated, the flavours are sofisticated, the eductation of sushi making is sofisticated, and the surrounding with moving cerving boards, and such is sofisticated

also that you have to be through strict regiment to be called a sushi resturants,, yes their is alot of low-profile sushi resturants where its  but dubious, and i guess bad raw fish is worse to eat then bad meat (i really don't think so)

i would actualy somehow wish the same regiment that are for opening and to call one-self a sushi resturant should be aplied for Kebab resturants, for their are many grills and (boder, vogner, and skur) sheds, where the kebab quality is so bad that a Turk or a Iraqi would faint. or angry at what is cerved as kebab, their should be a certain standard for what should be allowed to be called kebab resturant/joint,

IMO of course
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 4:59am
I�ve tried and I�ll continue to try but I�m still having a hard time really appreciating Sushi. I guess for the time being it�s kebab even though that�s not necessarily a favorite of mine either.

...but hell I�ll eat just about anything so never call me picky when it comes to food.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 6:09am
i wont Thumbs Up

would you eat a sushi made by an expert kebab chef or would you eat kebab by a sushi master

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 6:11am
LOLI think I prefer the latter.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 7:29am
Ummm meat!

Kebab.

I hate fish especially if its raw.

Now if its covered in batter and served with chips with plenty of salt and vinegar you might get my attention LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:11am
LOL I�ve eaten fish�n�chips once in my life, which was back in high school when I visited Soho. I remember purchasing my vinyl version of "Foxtrot" by Genesis that same dayCool.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:15am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

LOL I�ve eaten fish�n�chips once in my life, which was back in high school when I visited Soho. I remember purchasing my vinyl version of "Foxtrot" by Genesis that same dayCool.

Now thats what I call a good day! Approve
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:24am
I only eat terrestrial animals, thank you very much. Smile
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

Now if its covered in batter and served with chips with plenty of salt and vinegar you might get my attention LOL

That really depends on the quality - some fish 'n' chips can be really disgustingly shitty. But, if it's done right, it's absolutely brilliant.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

That really depends on the quality - some fish 'n' chips can be really disgustingly shitty. But, if it's done right, it's absolutely brilliant.

Ther's no disputing that.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:24am
Gordon Ramsey makes some good fish and ships,

he aint bad at maiking kebabs ether, and niether is he bad as a sushi chef

i like how he jumps around

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:36am
sushi, all the way, every time.

barbequed eel is amazing. Cool

Edited by SKwid - 23 May 2012 at 9:38am

Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:50am
They've been serving Jellied Eels in the East End of London for several centuries now.

....and they still taste as shit as they did when someone thought of the idea LOL

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:00am

They've been serving Jellied Eels in the East End of London for several centuries now.

....and they still taste as shit as they did when someone thought of the idea LOL

ewwwwww

this iis what im talking about.

Edited by SKwid - 23 May 2012 at 10:01am

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:08am
looks good mang Thumbs Up
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 7:01pm
^^ I don't think you can judge anything about food based on how their do it in England

Kebab for me, because close enough to donair
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:18pm
I like them both quite a bit. It ultimately depends on my mood, but I think I generally prefer kebabs. I love all kinds of fish (cooked and raw), but I think I'm more of a greasy meat guy than a sushi one. Big smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic