MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me decide what to review next!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me decide what to review next!
    Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:43pm
Ok, I am making it my mission to not only review my favorites, but also to review some of the most important metal albums throughout metal history. I challenge my fellow collaborators to do the same! So, help me decide what to review! And if it's a historically significant one I haven't heard, I will even try to listen to it!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:05pm
That sounded odd! I do hope you�ll listen to the albumsBig smile.

...Let me suggest:
BLACK SABBATH - Black Sabbath cover
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:09pm
Oh, I just meant that if I've heard it, it will go on my list of albums to review, and if I haven't I will put it on my list to listen to. But I'm trying to prioritize by historical significance and (of course) my own personal preference.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:17pm
Well let�s just say Black Sabbath�s debut is probably THE most important metal album of all times.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 7:46pm
Perhaps a Judas Priest ie: part of the development of thrash  (Sin After SIn?) - or Metallic's Puppets or a Slayer album?

And I agree with Jonas, you probably can't go wrong with Sabbath.

We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:29am
I'm definitely going to have a loooong list of albums to review in order to meet my goal and it's going to take quite a while. I got to a point last night where I started on an album and I typed a sentence...deleted it...typed another sentence...deleted it...sat there...gave up and got a beer instead.   
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:15am
Listen to that album: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/venom--black-metal.aspx

Awesome and classic.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:50am
Check out all of Celtic Frost's releases.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 9:56am

I want to see someone reveiw zukuss LOL

classics include: titfucked by tauntaun, rancor rimjob, and last but not least, Gammoriean Gangbang.
might be hard to find somewhere to listen to it though.

IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

classics include: titfucked by tauntaun, rancor rimjob, and last but not least, Gammoriean Gangbang.

Holy shit that looks awesome.

Anyways, it would be cool if you could review this: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/nokturnal-mortum--the-voice-of-steel.aspx

as it is my favourite album of all time, and no one seems to have written a review for it yet.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Check out all of Celtic Frost's releases.

Except Cold Lake!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

Interesting. These guys can actually play. The star wars clips blended with clips from a piss/shit sex movie are quite the head twisting experienceWacko
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:33am
Hey, listen to Angra! Their album Temple Of Shadows is a modern classic!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Hey, listen to Angra! Their album Temple Of Shadows is a modern classic!

Oh, I'm quite familiar with that one. That's actually a really goid suggestion for me! As you can imagine I have a long list of albums I'd like to review, and the problem is that while some of them are quite important...it's been so long since I've listened to them that I don't feel prepared to review them. So I'm actually putting priority on things I've actually just listened to, or things I'm so familiar with that I don't feel like I have to listen to the album again first.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 11:27am
I can tell you that my method of reviewing always involves listening to the album just before writing a review (or at least as soon as possible after the listen). No matter how well I know the album. I find that you always discover details about an album that you didn�t hear before when you consciously set out to review it.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 4:14pm
Try Voyager's latest album.  I didn't really like it, but it seems like a lot of other people do, so maybe I'm missing something.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 5:02pm
Haha, funny story - ok, so I'm a 7 year Prog Power veteran, right?  And I love me some prog.  I mean, I often disregard bands because they aren't interesting enough for me.  But Prog Power has helped me to go outside of that.  So, the last few times I've gone to Prog Power I've tried to at least listen to a little of every band that's going to be there - I mean, you have to know when it's ok to go get a bite, right?  Well, when I sampled Voyager, I thought "eh, these guys aren't unpleasant, but I'm not too interested either."  Well, they were one of the most fun bands I've EVER SEEN.  And when I went and listened to their latest album and the one before it, I enjoyed it so much more for having seen them.  Sometimes you've gotta see a band live to appreciate them.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 5:43pm
Yeah, I saw your ProgPower signature, which is what gave me the idea.  I'd love to go to that festival myself, but I don't have the money or time and it's pretty far from where I live.  Still a better chance of me going to that in the future than all of those great gigs Europe gets though. Unhappy
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

I'd love to go to that festival myself, but I don't have the money or time and it's pretty far from where I live.

Same here.

Cry

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

I'd love to go to that festival myself, but I don't have the money or time and it's pretty far from where I live.

Same here.

Cry

I wish you guys could ALL come.  It would be cool to have a MetalMusicArchives collaborator party!  Big smile

If I were rich I'd pay for the trips and tickets for all of you...but I'm not rich, sadly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic