MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Grindcore Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by The Pessimist The Pessimist wrote:

Originally posted by lucas lucas wrote:

Originally posted by The Pessimist The Pessimist wrote:

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by lucas lucas wrote:

iwrestledabearonce (saw them on stage yesterday, they were fantastic)

If you like them, you should like Rolo Tomassi. Have you ever heard of them?

Because Rolo Tomassi are TEN TIMES better

But really, iwrestledabearonce? Grind? Nah...

Like to you being a fan of Rolo Jeff, brilliant band. Should be going to see them next month

And HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartEva SpenceHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Rolo Tomassi are mathcore. I had considered seeing them last week in Paris, but due to work overload I abandoned the idea.

iwrestledabearonce are grindcore blended with pop and mathcore. The girl growls the way grindcorer growl. And she sings the way grindcorer can't sing.

Grindcore isn't about the vocals. It's about the messiness, the energy and in a nutshell, it's basically unpolished extreme metal. iwrestledabearonce don't fit this criteria enough to be called grind. it's hard to say what grind really is, it's just easier to feel it, and when you compare them to bands mentioned above (like Agoraphobic Nosebleed), I couldn't even consider them part grind. Same with Rolo Tomassi for that matter, they're more hardcore punk than grind.

And who says "grindcorers" can't sing?

Check out 3:34, awesome. By the way this song is underrated and monumental, listen, seriously.

REadlly didn't liked this album by them. Too much cliping. I guess they were trying to be as loud as possible, but that just went straight downhill in this case. Their next album, Anomalities, however, is quite good.Thumbs Up
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 2:34pm
^ See, I feel the exact opposite. I love Lucid Interval, but can't stand most of Anomalies. Their newest album (Misled by Certainty) is my favorite Cephalic Carnage album, though.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 7:40am
Not into the genre but I am drawn to the sheer power of Napalm Death - the riffs and changing time sigs of Suffer the Children is incredible.
 esp the lyrics

Your unflappable conceptions
Moralistic views
Never open to criticism
Your overpowering ruse
Promises of sanctuary
In eternal bliss
With starry eyes and cash in hand
Pledge all to the master plan
THRASH!

Also love Worldeater by Boltthrower, and Cenotaph is awesome.

The lyrics to Cenotaph are simple and powerful and unforgettable

Alone you stand - The final parody
Destined to silence - A memorial to mortality

Carved in stone - A tribute to the dead
For nameless victims - Whose litany is unread

Never Forgotten - War's memory lingers on
A dark reminder - To mankind's oblivion

This solemn image - Constructed with resolution
A monument - To war's terminal conclusion

Cenotaph
gE('songlyrics').innerHTML = gE('songlyrics_h').innerHTML; if (typeof startSignatureInsert === 'function') { startSignatureInsert(); }
GLAM METAL!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 9:41am
Napalm Death are known for their great lyrics. I wouldn�t say Bolt Thrower quite reaches that level but they�ve written a couple of great lyrics too.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 4:44am
Terrorizer, Blood Freak, early Carcass, Impetigo. Like a handful of bands from the general grindcore/goregrind basket.
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 4:16pm
What are some good grind/power violence-y bands to check out if anyone can think of any?
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 5:26am
^^^^ Maybe something like Cadaver Eyes. They did a split with Burmese back in '08 on HCBrecords which you might dig.

On another note been listening to this recently:
Discordance Axis - the inalienable dreamless

Love how misleading the cover is.
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
spitf1r3 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitf1r3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 1:44am
For your consideration. Spiritual Ravishment.is a romanian band that released tehir first album called Children of the Atom. Video for

Spiritual Ravishment - Evil Activities

Edited by spitf1r3 - 06 Feb 2011 at 4:59pm
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:44am
DOES IT ROCK!?
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 1:50pm
Regurgitate are good!
goskoski View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goskoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 10:13pm
I have not listened to a lot of Grindcore and I am not so familiar with this genre. Are Electro Hippies considered Grindcore. I read that they play Crustcore. Does Kataclysm's song Sorcery fall under Grindcore?

Give me an acoustical example of:

1. Grindcore
2. Crust Punk/Crustcore/Crustgrind
3. Deathgrind
4. Goregrind
5. Mathcore

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 10:35pm
2. Crust punk

not at all like grindcore
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 3:41am
I actually don�t think crustpunk is far from grindcore. Here�s an example of what I would call a borderline case:

Edited by UMUR - 30 Jan 2011 at 3:41am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 3:43am
1. Grindcore:

I think the early Napalm Death albums are prime examples of Grindcore. Especially "From Enslavement to Obliteration".

Edited by UMUR - 30 Jan 2011 at 3:44am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 3:46am

4. Goregrind

The classic example is of course Carcass first album, which has spawned a million imitators over the years.

Edited by UMUR - 30 Jan 2011 at 3:47am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 3:49am

3. Deathgrind is just a combination of grindcore and death metal. I can�t think of an act right now allthough there are literally thousands out there. I�m sure someone else has a good suggestion.

5. Mathcore? I have no idea but I�m pretty sure it�s got nothing to do with grindcore. Probably hardcore influenced metal with and emphasis on odd time signatures.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 8:53am
I believe Dying Fetus and Misery Index are two notable examples of deathgrind.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 8:57am
Maybe Dying fetus.But Misery index are Deathcore.A great example of Deathgrind/Goregrind are Devourment.
Inexistence is the true normality.
arcane-beautiful View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:57am
check out my band A Shower Of Bastards, where on the site, here's a link for our e.p thats streamed for free, www.reverbnation.com
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:03am
they are brutal death meta not deathgrind or goregrind
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic