Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Tech Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show me your instrument...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show me your instrument...
    Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 4:20pm
Since a lot of us seem to play some instrument, here's a thread to "show off your wares". Here's a couple of my guitars:

The Gibson SG and the Dimebag guitars in the background are among my faves and great for distorted heavy music, and the Ibanez, while a cheaper model, has a very nice round clean sound.

Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 4:26pm
Is that Dimebag guitar as expensive in Europe as over here? Dang....

Nice trio of guitars. I've always though SGs look great, I just couldn't play them myself...the necks just don't feel right to this strat player.
kshskang View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshskang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 8:15pm
Your amp is beautiful and sexy but all your guitars are backwards! Tongue
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by kshskang kshskang wrote:

Your amp is beautiful and sexy but all your guitars are backwards! Tongue

As it happens, it's not even my amp, but if you think it's sexy, I better get one myself. ;-) The guitars are backwards, since I'm a leftie.

Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

Is that Dimebag guitar as expensive in Europe as over here? Dang....

Nice trio of guitars. I've always though SGs look great, I just couldn't play them myself...the necks just don't feel right to this strat player.

The SG's a dream to play. I've played a couple of Strats (though I don't own any - but I'd like one), and I like those, too. I like the challenge of having to play different guitars, because I think that having to adapt to the instrument wil constribute to the development of versatility in the guitar player. I bought the Dimebag guitar in Germany where it's cheaper than in Denmark, so it wasn't too expensive. But it wasn't super cheap either ;-) It's got a great punch to it. I've tuned it in a B, and it sounds mean :-)

Edited by Time Signature - 08 Apr 2010 at 1:16pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:10pm
I have a Parker Fly which I payed a hell of a lot of money for but it�s like playing in butter so it was totally worth it. I actually don�t know the exact model or year simply because I never cared for such things. I tried it and it felt right so I bought it. I used to have a BC Rich Warlock and before that a cheap strat copy. I�m trying to find a picture of my Parker Fly but I�ve only found this one that looks similar but a bit more modern:

Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:27pm
Very nice UMUR...I've played them in a store. They are super smooth. Not cheap, at all.

hirszu View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hirszu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:28pm

Small and quite powerful, at least enough for me. Currenty I don't need anything more and I still learn to fully use all the functions of this keyboard.

Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:33pm
Use arrow keys or thumbnails to view images. Click on image to close window

Relatively inexpensive guitar but it plays well and I love it's look...my main electric. My main (acoustic) guitar is shown in the "Wish Me Well" Thread.

My other electrics are a Standard Strat and and way back when a Peavey Tracer...I'll have to find a pic of that one.

Edited by Negoba - 08 Apr 2010 at 2:34pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 4:22am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I have a Parker Fly which I payed a hell of a lot of money for but it�s like playing in butter so it was totally worth it. I actually don�t know the exact model or year simply because I never cared for such things. I tried it and it felt right so I bought it. I used to have a BC Rich Warlock and before that a cheap strat copy. I�m trying to find a picture of my Parker Fly but I�ve only found this one that looks similar but a bit more modern:

���rrrrrhhhhhhhh (sorry, I had to express my reaction in Danish). I've seen them around, but I've never played them. How much did you pay for it, if one might ask?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 5:51am
I was told it cost 30.000 dkr. from new at the time but I purchased mine used for 15.000 dkr. It takes a bit of time getting used to playing on because the volume control is placed a little too high for my taste but otherwise it�s an excellent guitar. Great Active amps and this one is never out of tune no matter how much you abuse the vibrato arm. It�s not the most "heavy metal" guitar in the world but I didn�t purchase it to play metal or to "look" metal. My old BC Rich Warlock more than does that for meLOL. Boy that one sure is ugly.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 10:45am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I was told it cost 30.000 dkr. from new at the time but I purchased mine used for 15.000 dkr. It takes a bit of time getting used to playing on because the volume control is placed a little too high for my taste but otherwise it�s an excellent guitar. Great Active amps and this one is never out of tune no matter how much you abuse the vibrato arm. It�s not the most "heavy metal" guitar in the world but I didn�t purchase it to play metal or to "look" metal. My old BC Rich Warlock more than does that for meLOL. Boy that one sure is ugly.

Ulgy can be charming, too ;-)

I almost bought a used '75 LH Les Paul a couple of years ago whose price was set at 28.000 dkr, but I got cold feed because the previous owner had been tinkering with the electronics.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 1:27pm
Slingerland....taken many years ago.

thellama73 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 2:43pm

And

Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves.
Harry View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 8:52am
No great photos I'm afraid, the camera I have on hand blows. You can find much better pics of my instruments on the internet, but I'm posting up mine for the sake of it heh.

Ibanez RG 1527 in Royal Blue.
The following modifications have been done:
Stock pickups replaced with Dimarzo Blaze Neck and Bridge, replaced stock pots with CTS pots, replaced volume and tone knob, locking stud tremolo mod (keeps trem more stable, but I hardly use the trem anyway) and Schaller Strap Lock buttons

1999 Ibanez RG 7421 in Cherry Fudge
Replaced stock pickups with Seymour Duncan Blackout AHB-1 7 string set

Line 6 POD X3 Live

Bugera 333XL 120 watt tube amp. Has 4 EL34s in the power amp, not sure what brand the tubes are though. 3 Channels, and the clean channel is unusually good for a high gain amp.
It sounds great at relatively low volumes too, which is a major bonus , because it means I play record at home without killing my neighbors
It's essentially a copy of the Peavey JSX, for a much cheaper price, but it arguably sounds just as good.
Cabinet is a Harley Benton 2x12 loaded with Celeston V30 speakers.

My Shure SM-57 for mic-ing my amp up for recording. Got it used, but it was in mint condition. Definitely a mic that lives up to the hype

Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 2:57pm

Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Nice drums set... mine is much smaller, but I'm trying to build it upSmile
I see you have three mid toms... did you buy them separately or did you already buy them attached?

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:02pm
My main instrument, my Ibanez BTB556 bass:

I'm trying to learn the drums, so I bought a Yamaha DTXplorer kit:

The kit is at my parent's house, so I'll finally get to play it again once I move at the end of the month after I graduate.

NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:28pm
Here's a few of my guitars:

Jackson King V Professional

Epiphone G-400
*Red wood finish w/ silver hardware

Dean Acoustic / Electric
*Slightly more traditional (less exotic)

Other hardware:

Behringer multi-effects amp

DigiTech JamMan Looper                                               Boss Metal Zone Distortion

Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Phonebook Eater Phonebook Eater wrote:

I see you have three mid toms... did you buy them separately or did you already buy them attached?

no answer....
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Phonebook Eater Phonebook Eater wrote:

4 mid toms, 6 in total actually. I bought the kit as it is (without cymbals) from a guy called Charlie MacKenzie who was playing with NWOBHM band Samson at the time. I think he'd bought it with the 2 kick drums, 2 larger hanging toms and the 16" floor tom and added the other 3. The 18" floor tom has different legs to the 16".

I'm probably going to sell it this summer as I haven't played for 8 years. Cry  I keep getting the urge to play again but if I do I'll want something smaller.

Edited by Nightfly - 15 May 2010 at 11:50am
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 12:22am

This Tokai Les Paul is my number one guitar for recording, I get pretty good distorted sounds out of it. I don't really play it that much apart from recording. That acoustic Yamaha is a pretty new family member, I should play it more to get the feel of it.

The Squier Strat on the right was my very first guitar ever, I've been dreaming of arming it with a humbucker and making it my punk axe, but so far I've been too lazy and poor for it. My fianc�e won the Tokai Strat on the left from a rock mag poll a while ago and since then that has been my guitar of choice for general strumming and composing. I'll probably do my first recordings with it soon. Great touch, pretty good sound. There you also see my amps, I've got no pedals, just those. Should re-string the classical guitar one day and bring it back from the graveyard behind the amp wall.

There's my trusted bass with his tattoos and my second guitar, Epiphone Les Paul. Some electronics of it have been messed up so that the bridge pick up doesn't work anymore, otherwise a good quitar I miss using.

My favorite toy, Roland TD9-KX.
<- Click on this!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic