2 [18.18%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [45.45%]
3 [27.27%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BTBAM!!!!
    Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:56pm
Hey, we haven't had one yet at this forum! Anyways I've been having an obsession with them since I saw them in January. Up to that point I merely revered them. LOL

Anyways, I wouldn't in good conscience be able to vote anything other than Colors, which I still listen to with absolute elation. Your opinions?
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
DeathOfSeasons View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathOfSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:39pm
Even though I chose Colors I find The Silent Circus to be incredibly underrated and only just slightly worse than Colors. I still haven't heard The Great Misdirect though Cry
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:15am
Fantastic band! My vote will be for The Great Misdirect. I'm usually undecided whether that album or Colors is better, but I listened to TGM the other day and it absolutely blew my mind.

-Jeff
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 8:47am
Colors, no contest here. absolute masterpiece. it's flawless, no weak song on the album, one of the best albums i have ever heard 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
coorpz View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coorpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 1:05pm
Lol....BTBAM, at first it sounded like some poser metalcore f*g band. Then it turned out to be some "well I will just try to be weird for the sake of it" band.

The first song was alright, then came that godawful 'hoedown' music. I nearly threw my ipod out the window. I decided to keep listening anyway. Last thing I can remember is someone saying in a really lame voice "feed me fear". That was pretty much the deal-breaker for me, unfortunately. This band has talent, they're just dumb composition-wise.

PS - Can you add a "No, I dont like them/ I think they suck / ect" option?
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by coorpz coorpz wrote:

No, because this is an appreciation thread. If you don't like the band, you have the option not to post there.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:34pm
....theircompositionsareflawless....Pinch

Tongue
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
coorpz View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coorpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

No, because this is an appreciation thread. If you don't like the band, you have the option not to post there.

Oh, that was never explicitly stated... it should have been titled "BTBAM Appreciators UNITE!" if that were the case.... but I think I am in the minority.
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 7:34am
^^ This is a BTBAM poll , so you are entitled to say anything you want, but you are in the minority Tongue
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
coorpz View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coorpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 9:15am
I guess I'd be in the minority too for liking Protest the Hero then? For some odd reason, I LOVE his voice...
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:16am

I guess I'd be in the minority too for liking Protest the Hero then? For some odd reason, I LOVE his voice...

Yeah probably... the singer for PTH annoys the sh*t out of me. Tongue LOL
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
DeathOfSeasons View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathOfSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 1:04am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Yeah probably... the singer for PTH annoys the sh*t out of me. Tongue LOL

Agreed. I remember listening to one of their songs and the music was so awesome but then the vocals came on and completely ruined the song.
Harry View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 3:49am
I'm always constantly torn between Colors and TGM.
RIght now I'm feeiing TGM more, but that could change next week, but I'll give TGM my vote
Harry View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 3:50am

I have their EP A Calculated Use of Sound, Kezia, Fortress and even that DVD they brought out fairly recently.
Friggen love that band
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 4:36am
Originally posted by Harry Harry wrote:

I have their EP A Calculated Use of Sound, Kezia, Fortress and even that DVD they brought out fairly recently.
Friggen love that band
Same here, great band.

Still need to check out BtBaM though.
bsms810 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsms810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 8:33am
oo close poll between colors and the great misdirect. But i guess the former has White Walls so my vote is another for Colors!
coorpz View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coorpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 9:15am
I guess I've come around to them... I heard some of their earlier stuff and it's not bad... :o
ed_the_dead View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed_the_dead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 5:59pm
Have yet to enjoy The Great Misdirect, but I'm pretty sure it's amazing. Right now, I'd have to go for the Silent Circus. Colours might be more mature, focused and whatnot, but I simply enjoy SC more.

BtBaM seem to be getting more attention recently. That is most definitely awesome, because I love them.Wink
birdwithteeth11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdwithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 8:01pm
Well, Colors is my favorite album of any genre of music, so... LOL

coorpz View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coorpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 11:11pm
Ah well. Dan Swano > BTBAM  :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic