MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ability to sort how you view someone's ratings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ability to sort how you view someone's ratings
    Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 3:12pm
Thumbs Up
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 2:50pm
Don't worry, it's the right one LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 1:32pm
Thanks Liam, but I want IMPF2112 to verify that it�s the correct account before I delete anything. 

Edited by UMUR - 27 Mar 2012 at 1:32pm
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 1:30pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:26am
Fair enough. Can you copy/paste the link to your old account and I�ll make sure all ratings are deleted from that account.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 4:02pm
First of all, no my intention was not to manipulate ratings, getting two of my favourite albums in the all-time top 5 was purely unintentional. If you want, you can clear all the ratings from my old account, so as to not mess up any of the averages.

Second of all, I wanted to change the ratings of several dozen albums, as well as delete all my ratings for singles, but since there is currently no way to delete/mass edit any ratings on your own, I decided to just make a new account.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:43am
Can I just ask why, if you weren't happy with any of your ratings, why you didn't just alter those ratings by clicking what you wanted to rate an album as now? You can update a rating at any time you know, no need to request a rating deletion or make a new account. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 12:31am
Yes if that�s what this is about, consider yourself warned. Otherwise do carry on and enjoy the site. We�ve had people who forgot their password or other things in the past and therefore have two accounts, but if those account are used for ratings abuse, it�s not something we will take lightly.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 7:54pm
Careful.  Making multiple accounts to manipulate ratings could be banable.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 8:21am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yes we have a batch delete option, that can delete all ratings by a user.

Oh. I didn't know that. But I don't think I want to do that, since my new account accidentally got both The Dwelling and Goat Horns in the all-time top 5. ;)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:41am
Yes we have a batch delete option, that can delete all ratings by a user.

Regarding your question, it�s on our webmasters to-do list that the sort function is implemented at some point. There is no date set for it. We all work for free here, so things like that happen when the responsible party has time.Smile
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 10:52pm
I'm pretty sure it's sorted by rating, and then again in chronological order.  But yeah, I think more advanced sorting options would be cool.

And you didn't have to make a new account.  I think you can ask the admins to just delete a rating.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 10:28pm
I think it would be cool if, like ProgArchives, you could sort how you can see someone's rating, whether it by ratings, by chronologically, or alphabetically. Just a suggestion.

And yes, I am IMPF. I was unsatisfied with all the ratings I did on my old account, so I instead decided just to start all over again with a new account. Hope you guys are okay with that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic