MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The best Feature Anime

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: The best anime of the cinemas is...
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [33.33%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best Feature Anime
    Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 7:47am
Ok, it's lacking many classics, but what's your favourite anime made specially for the theaters, not based in any TV anime?

Edited by Tupan - 14 Mar 2012 at 7:48am
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 10:17pm
Due to lack of interest and availability, I have not seen many (or at least remembered seeing enough of to leave a lasting effect).  I remember Cartoon Network playing ones like Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind over the course of a week, but saw none of them.  Doubt they still do that, but it would be convenient.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 3:33am
I can't vote, because I can't decide between Spirited Away, Akira and Metropolis. I have a small collection of anime and, I tell you, there's a lot of good stuff coming from the shores of Japan when it comes to animated feature films.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 1:07am
I'm not sure how to vote either, but it's possibly this:

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:54pm
I also quite like Amon Saga, which is not on the list.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 3:36pm
I really enjoyed Princess Mononoke, fantastic vision of an animistic world! I like anime a lot but haven't seen too many feature films, mostly I watch short series.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 4:11pm
Princess Monoke is a beautiful masterpiece of an animation film.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 11:15am
^Most of the Miyazaki's works are masterpieces. I love Spirited Away and even Ponyo!

By the way, Disney bought the rights to distribute Mononoke Hime in the west, but never released this film in Brazil!Angry

FUCK OFF DISNEY!
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 11:16am
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

THis seems to be beautiful
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 5:06pm
Does A Scanner Darkly count? Tongue
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

THis seems to be beautiful

It is, the animation and soundtrack are incredible.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:47am
Paprika over the ghibli classic, nearly went with Akira too - but I really thought Tetsuo was a chump. Love the tangled web that is 'Paprika' and the Monkey reference among others. I was pretty sad when I heard Kon had died.
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 2:39pm
^Paprika is visually beautiful and thought provoking! I need to see the other films by Satoshi Kon (like Perfect Blue and Tokyo Godfathers). Too bad Mister Kon is not among the living (not a Anthrax reference) anymore!Cry
These two anime films below are highly recommended too (I forgot to add them to the voting listEmbarrassed)

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

^Paprika is visually beautiful and thought provoking! I need to see the other films by Satoshi Kon (like Perfect Blue and Tokyo Godfathers). Too bad Mister Kon is not among the living (not a Anthrax reference) anymore!Cry
These two anime films below are highly recommended too (I forgot to add them to the voting listEmbarrassed)

Definitely check out Perfect Blue - think anime Hitchcock! I haven't seen Tokyo Godfathers yet, but want to, definittely. It's a realy shame huh, must have been devastating for hisfamily, as he was pretty young huh?

Cool, I'll check out 'Tekkonkinkreet' - what's 'Sky Crawlers' like? I have heard mixed reviews so far
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 12:27pm
^Tekkonkinkreet is a fantastic film based in an awesome manga - both were heavily influenced by the european comic books.

Sky Crawlers... is simply stunning. Don't listen to the bad reviews, see this film and make your judgement. For me, Sky Crawlers is like a Tarkovsky film. Seriously.

Edited by Tupan - 28 Mar 2012 at 12:38pm
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:42am
Cool, looking forward to it! I really did like the the way Mamoru directed Ghost in the Shell so I reckon I'll like Sky Crawlers. It'll take me ages but I'll eventually watch it but, putting it on my list
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:37am
I like the two Patlabor feature films, too. The tempo is perhaps a bit slow, but that's actually one of the things I appreciate.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:33am
^Yes, I like when a film have a good pace, instead of michael-bay-style-madness!
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:56am
Originally posted by dreadpirateroberts dreadpirateroberts wrote:

Cool, looking forward to it! I really did like the the way Mamoru directed Ghost in the Shell so I reckon I'll like Sky Crawlers. It'll take me ages but I'll eventually watch it but, putting it on my list

Speaking of Mamoru Oshii, Angel's Egg was beautiful as well.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:30pm
^ I have to see that too - it sounds amazing, and I could do with watching a subtle film too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic