MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mammoth Volume - Experimental doom/prog/jazz metal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mammoth Volume - Experimental doom/prog/jazz metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mammoth Volume - Experimental doom/prog/jazz metal
    Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 9:12am
i would really like more people to get into this mysterious Swedish band that dissaperad, three album in th last start of the last decade, and then gone.....,, but i found them when i fooled around on Allmusic guide where i looked into Gentle Giant and last on the list of bands that were influenced by the badn i saw this band with neat covers and not only were thy influenced by GG, but also King Crimson, Deep Purple, Mahavishu Orchestra, Mike Oldfiedl and other prog and heavy metal legends, that peaked my interest, but the music is also out there, while rooted in doom metal and traditioal metal, but more of Deep Purple influenced for a chance then Black Sabbath if that is possible ,  Black Sabbath is like doom metal chanalysator number one, and the other half is Zeppelin based, but here we have a Deep Purple influenced doom metal band, their doom-sound maybe stems from Crimson more then any others, but their riffs are bluesy and reminds of Purple and Rainbow, also AC/DC is regarded as influennce

but the band is amazing and blends metal, prog and experimental songwriting in a nice fassion i wonder why thei dissapeard, fans of Kyuss, Isis, other doom metal but also avant metal fans might like the last album

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/mammoth-volume-p374107

from Allmusic review

Mammoth Volume have not contented themselves with the uncreative idolatry of ripping off Tony Iommi or Kyuss, but allowed themselves greater breadth to explore different musical textures and directions, like Jethro Tull or Pink Floyd before them. This disc often dips its ladle in some decidedly folksy, jazzy, even Eastern directions

Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 10:21am
That sounds like the best band in the world for me.
The tracks I listened to dont match the description at all, but maybe that was just a coincidence of choosing the most normal songs.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 12:46am
I still think it is an interesting find, It is an obscure metal banf from Sweden that seamd to have disappeard, i wonder what the musicians do now, what they are up to and what bands they are in now, couse they are very tallented, are they in metal bands or are they in other prog bands,

they sound really like no other bands from Sweden i have heard,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image