MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Raise Thy Horns - An "all things metal" blog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raise Thy Horns - An "all things metal" blog
    Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 1:03pm
I've started a metal blog about all the random thoughts that revolve around the metal lifestyle. I review albums. I make fun of album covers. I (try to) profile musicians. I report about live shows. I talk about pointy guitars and basses. I make suggestions for under-appreciated bands. I share stupid links and videos. I just like to write. It might be worth your five seconds.

I also try to focus on exploring the Asian metal scene. I feel like it's criminally underrated. I'd like to try and spread the word about the numerous really good bands from that general area.

Check it out! Or don't.
DerHammer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 1:04pm
And if you can't see the signature:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 1:21pm
Looks coolThumbs Up
DerHammer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 2:01pm
Thanks for checking it out, mate! I update about twice daily.
DerHammer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 9:13pm
I've also created a Twitter account for RTH (doesn't everyone have a Twitter now?) at http://twitter.com/RaiseThyHorns
DerHammer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:16pm

My blog, Raise Thy Horns, has completely jumped the social media shark. Be sure to become a fan of the RTH page at Facebook by doing this:

Go to http://www.facebook.com/RaiseThyHorns

Click the "Like" button

Enjoy the RTH without leaving your Facebook lair.

DerHammer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:17pm

I've also received requests from a few bands who would like an album review and some easy publicity. I can proudly say that if your band would like a review of anything (full-lengths, EPs, demos, etc.), I will gladly accept 100% of the requests. I always enjoy hearing new things.

DerHammer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 11:03am
If you're in a band and looking for a site to give you a review to get the word out, visit raisethyhorns.blogspot.com or email at [email protected]. I haven't turned anyone down yet. Also, I've found some pretty killer bands. I'll listen to and review all styles of metal. The blog gets about 80 hits per day from locations all around the world. It's worth your time if your in a band looking for some good promotion!
DerHammer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 3:06pm
RTH easily surpassed the "100 unique viewers" plateau this morning. Thanks for all the visits and helping this blog to grow. If you like what you've seen so far, tell two friends and tell them to tell two friends. Keep on showing up! It's made fresh daily! 

\m/Thank you\m/
DerHammer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 9:11am
It must be Thanksgiving because I've put some more Turkey on the table. (Wow, that was lame.) Anyways, here's a review of an excellent,excellent death metal band from Turkey called Thrown to the Sun. Check it out:

http://raisethyhorns.blogspot.com/2012/03/thrown-to-sun-is-turkish-death-delight.html
DerHammer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 8:59am
New review of a promising thrash band from Chicago, Dark Entropy:

http://raisethyhorns.blogspot.com/2012/02/dark-entropy.html
DerHammer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 10:26am
If you're looking for some easy publicity and a good honest opinion about your material, let Raise Thy Horns review it and post it on our blog. As long as it's metal, your stuff will be heard and reviewed. I am a musician with a little experience in production and recording, and I may be able to offer some semi-valuable insights to your stuff. You have nothing to lose. 

If you and your band are interested, send an email with links to your music and any other important information to [email protected]. It will be reviewed, and you will be contacted just before it goes live so that you can share.

The blog, which can be found at http://raisethyhorns.blogspot.com, gets about 120 unique views per day from all over the globe, and many of my readers enjoy learning of high-quality, obscure bands from obscure corners of the world like I do.

So if you think your band is worthy and you're interested, email RTH!
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 7:25pm
Hell, if I had a metal band I'd send it in :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic