FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KEITH CAPUTO IS NOW A WOMAN� SORT OF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DefinitionOfHatred View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefinitionOfHatred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 10:31am

This is interesting, last night I watched an episode of CSI which dealt with sex changing and I immediately recalled Caputo.

Ontopic, TBH I only discovered this a few weeks ago when researching this band. I don't have anything against it, he/she is free of doing whatever he wants. In fact, there are many good female metal singers, so I doubt this will ever affect his/her talent. I have to underline his/her courage (I know this is annoying but I don't feel it's right to just say "his" or "her") in changing his sex, especially given that we're talking about a metal musician. It's a music genre highly associated with masculinity and hypersexuality, as well as a general phobia of everything (as noted in the article from the OP link). This is pretty brave and revolutionary stuff here, even if I doubt that many people will be upset.
Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 7:20am
Yep.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 6:26am
Jonas, the vocalist of Cretin is a woman now too, right?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 2:14am
Apparently that hasn�t happened yet. In a recent interview Sal A. (drummer in Life of Agony) said that the band wouldn�t play together anymore though. They�ve basically disbanded. He named Keith�s wish to pursue his new lifestyle as one of the reasons, but the main reason was that they didn�t enjoy playing together anymore and had hit a brick wall creatively speaking.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 1:55am
Her singing style will probably change - especially, if she's going to go through hormone treatment and all that.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 1:28am
No not really. Biohazard are more on the butch side, while Keith Caputo always had a very sensitive soul and singing style. If you haven�t heard Life of Agony, I can highly recommend both "The River Runs Red" and "Ugly". The former is essentially a heavy hardcore album with a very distinct sounding vocalist and some really cool concept lyrics about a guy who ends up commiting suicide. With "Ugly" they went into a more alternative metal direction. While I definitely prefer "The River Runs Red", "Ugly" features some really great tracks too.

...oh and just to make it perfectly clear, I have nothing against his new lifestyle, just thought it was relevant news to fans of the bandSmile.
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 6:55pm
Yeah, they brought it up quite often of blabbermouth for a while.
I didnt really know them, but I like Biohazard so I can imagine it'd be similar to if Biohazard's singer became a woman.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 5:13pm
I know this is kinda old news, but did anyone in here know about this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic