MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fragment H�xtigram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fragment H�xtigram
    Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 11:46pm
previously posted on PA:

"Hello there ProgArchives!

I am Gurbles, a gabber/death-metal musician from San Marcos, Texas. August of last year, I had put my main project, Kageegee (for anyone interested, and who loves hardcore techno: www.kageegee.bandcamp.com), on hiatus to explore the progressive genre more and even make some of my own. so I started a little project called Fragment. I soon realized that I should probably change the name to avoid confusion with other bands, so I named the Fragment logo "The H�XTiGRAM" and put it in my band name. by September, I had completed the first part of my 4 part concept album, "Birth, Life, Age & Death". Birth was somewhat of a starter album as it only totaled to 30 minutes. by October, I had made an hour long album called Life. it had generally longer, more stretched out songs than Birth, which had shorter, constantly changing songs. when November came around, I had completed my 3rd and (imo) greatest album, Age. it was the darkest album yet and had some ambient elements and a more death metal feel while still retaining the prog mentality of the last 2 albums. and now, this January, I have completed the series with Death, in which the last track, "As the Spirit Leaves the Body", counts in at exactly 20 minutes. as a music critic, I would say Age is my greatest, but as a musician, I think Death was my greatest accomplishment. I would suggest the songs "Inferno", "Fields of Remembrance", "The Symphonic", "Our Meaning", "The New Flesh", "Into the Light", and "In My Mind" to anyone who wants to try my music out. if you like those, you may want to listen to any other song, but those are my greatest. my influences include Dream Theater, Haken, Ministry, Godflesh, Soulfly, and Meshuggah. I would love to be part of the ProgArchives community and would love for anybody to review my music. constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. since I've started, I've been going virtually unknown except for a Battle-of-the-Bands-style competition and two minor shows at clubs in my current home in Australia. so let me know what you guys think of it!

www.fragment-band.bandcamp.com "

(p.s. my main albums are Birth, Life, Age & Death, but i strongly recommend you check out Planetarium as it is a work in progress but it is some of the most complex i've written)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic