MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power Metal Appreciation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 5:36am
I wasn't that fond of their 2007 album when I tried it, not like Haunting Tales Of A Warriors Past, but hopefully the new one is good. I'll definitely be picking up Haunting Tales Of A Warriors Past at least; it was only five months ago that I wrote my review and actually said how great it would be to see it reissued. Big smile
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 11:57am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I wasn't that fond of their 2007 album when I tried it, not like Haunting Tales Of A Warriors Past, but hopefully the new one is good. I'll definitely be picking up Haunting Tales Of A Warriors Past at least; it was only five months ago that I wrote my review and actually said how great it would be to see it reissued. Big smile

Maybe the band saw your review, and thought "Hey, people really like our classic album, we should reissue it.". Probably not, but it would be pretty cool if that were the case. LOL
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 11:59am
Yeah but I expect this was in the works for a while now. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
LightningRider View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:45pm
Gonna cite this as my favorite metal subgenre, even though my favorite metal album is a thrash one.  I hav some pretty odd opinions about power metal, probably to an obsession.  I usually split them between traditional, symphonic, melodic and prog, but my number one's gonna surprise you more than any of those clickbait ads.

10. Falconer - Among Beggars and Thieves
9. Blind Guardian - Live
8. Wuthering Heights - Far From the Madding Crowd
7. Stormwarrior - At Foreign Shores
6. Sonata Arcitca - Silence
5. Rhapsody - Dawn of Victory
4. Galneryus - Under the Force of Courage
3. Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
2. Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt. II
1. Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera
And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHT!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 3:29am
I consider myself a relatively big fan of Power metal, although I´m usually more interested in more extreme genres of metal, but I like both the original US power metal of the 80s (Queensrÿche, Fates Warning, Crimson Glory...etc.), the prog/power metal of the 90s, and the Euro power metal style of late 80s Helloween, and followers like Sonata Arctica and Statovarius.

I listened to Rhapsody a lot when they started releasing albums and I guess they are in the symphonic power metal camp. I´m probably not that interested in that style, although there are always exceptions, but I usually don´t appreciate orchestral keyboards/synths in my metal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image