9 [56.25%]
3 [18.75%]
4 [25.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage or Slipknot
    Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 3:21am
not the most favoured metal bands in metal cricuts but they tend to atract kids into metal so they are important stepping stone bands, maybe some of them will later jump to bands like Death, Meshuggah or UneXpect or other compex bands after experienced Lamb of KIllswitch-Knots, Engaged in God of Slip

Big smile
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:43pm
Even as a kid wasn't really a fan of Killswitch or especially SlipknotLOL

But I did like LoG and still do a bit. Not as much as I used to but "Ashes of the Wake" is pretty great and I liked "Wrath" a good bit. Overall LoG is a pretty decent metal band!
While the other 2 eh...
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:46pm
I'm not that keen on any of them but I can listen to Lamb of God if they're on. Heard more Killswitch but like all metalcore I've heard I quickly lost interest. Never saw much in Slipknot. Chalk up a vote for LoG. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:54pm
Killswitch Engage
DefinitionOfHatred View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefinitionOfHatred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:56pm
Slipknot have a shot because of their early underground activity and their album Iowa. Gee, that's a beast of an album...

All three of those bands were fairly popular among the people I knew who listened to metal when I was in high school.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:04pm
The only one of the above I own an album of is Lamb Of God.  KSE I haven't heard anything they've done recently , and I've only heard Slipknot's self-titled and Iowa.  I haven't listened to any band for years aside from a recent listen of LoG's debut album.  I'll vote for LoG, but I've been meaning to go back and listen to some KSE when they had their original vocalist.  I don't quite remember what he sounded like.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:05pm
Also LoG is certainly not progressive and not the most complex/technical stuff but it's also far from simple. I always found LoG surprisingly technical and Adler is a pretty sweet drummer.

Oh! Slipknots first album (and I mean MFKR not their self titled) is really good. Surprising and borderline prog metal effort from the young band! Of course they went on to drastically change their sound and have since claimed that debut album was just a demo and block it from memory....shame. I hope there's a parallel universe where Slipknot goes onto become a leading prog metal band for our daysLOL

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 20 Jan 2012 at 2:06pm
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefinitionOfHatred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Oh! Slipknots first album (and I mean MFKR not their self titled) is really good. Surprising and borderline prog metal effort from the young band! Of course they went on to drastically change their sound and have since claimed that debut album was just a demo and block it from memory....shame. I hope there's a parallel universe where Slipknot goes onto become a leading prog metal band for our daysLOL

Well IMO their 2nd or 3rd demo (the one titled "Slipknot Demo") is also pretty good, very raw in style - something which kinda went down on their '99 self-titled. Unhappy

Though, I'd call Slipknot technical, not prog. MFKR touches prog territory in some parts though.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 10:08pm
Erm...none of the above?  Lamb of God, I guess.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 9:31pm

progressive

I really wish you people would stop using that term to describe music that isn't explicitly progressive metal.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 9:33pm
I like Slipknot quite a bit. LoG is also really good, and KE I can take or leave, never really got into them.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 11:53am
KE because they made "Rose of Sharyn".
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:03am
All three, three of my favourite bands. I don't understand the snobbery against any of them.

(Well, I do understand the snobbery against Slipknot... DJ, Rapping, Costumes, Bad Lyrics etc)

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

progressive

I really wish you people would stop using that term to describe music that isn't explicitly progressive metal.

That is interesting, because I wish Progressive Metal wasn't a genre, or was renamed something like Progressive-Power Metal.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 11:06am

Yes, I agree. They could be a really awesome band... but they "evolved" to something more similar to the american fans taste (Rap, Bad Lyrics, DJ's, etc).

And, about the prog label... Haters Gonna Hate!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefinitionOfHatred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Kingcrimsonprog Kingcrimsonprog wrote:

Well, I do understand the snobbery against Slipknot... DJ, Rapping, Costumes, Bad Lyrics etc

Well to be honest Slipknot have FAR less rap influence than people say. Their impressive album Iowa has as much rap influence as most of the bands that came right afterwards. For me, Slipknot represent the beginning of the New Wave of American Heavy Metal, by taking underground extreme metal elements (blastbeats, DM riffs, etc.) to the mainstream. Which is not a small feat if you think of the kind of music that was liked by American teenagers in 1999.
Of course this is merely my opinion, and I may be biased.

Speaking of these bands, has anyone heard LoG's latest? Arguably their best album in 8 years.
Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine.
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:36am
dont like ither that much but i go with Lamb of god.
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
IMPF View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 8:14pm

Edited by IMPF - 13 Feb 2019 at 5:57pm
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 1:46am
Lamb of God. Love Jesse from early Killswitch too, but Lamb for me.
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic