MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cartoons And Crap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cartoons And Crap
    Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 7:36pm
I'm a fan of the old stuff like The Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, Scooby Doo, Popeye, etc. etc. etc., but I also like new stuff like The Regular Show, Gumball, Adventure Time, etc. What about you???
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 8:48pm
;)
Adventure Time is good but I've not seen much of it.

I miss a lot of older shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Edited by A Person - 06 Jan 2012 at 8:49pm
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 8:57pm
inb4 pony
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 10:39pm
MLP:FiM is pretty good too. I'm just, errr, quite embarressed to like it.............
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 11:48pm
Pretty much everything on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon until around the time I got into high school.  Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Lab, Time Squad, Grim & Evil, Cow & Chicken, CatDog, Rugrats, Spongebob, Rocket Power, Samurai Jack, Doug, Hey Arnold, etc.  Everything.  I would run home from school to catch Dragonball Z and its horrible recycling of the same scenes.  I would stay up way late watching Toonami.  Then they cancelled all of those and I kind of lost interest.  It seems like the only good cartoon that they kept around is Spongebob, and the episodes they made after the movie (and Hillenburg+a bunch of writers jumped ship) are insultingly bad.

I guess the only "new" cartoon I really like is Regular Show.  Other than that, I can't get into any of them.  But man, when they have Ed Edd n' Eddy reruns, I'm glued to the TV. 
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 4:50am
The old Tom & Jerry cartoons are awesome - extremely violent!
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 6:45am
Woody Woodpecker! Pure anarchy (and violence, sure!)
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 10:16am
Ren and Stimpy!!! Big smile
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

MLP:FiM is pretty good too. I'm just, errr, quite embarressed to like it.............

I have to admit I've never mentioned it outside of the internet.
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 2:04pm
Oboy! How could I forget Pepper Ann, Hey Arnold!, and CatDog?
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 5:44pm
I used to watch Hey Arnold! quite a lot.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 11:46am
I grew up on the Warner Bros cartoons, which I absolutely love, Daffy, Bugs and all that. Never get tired of them.

But the reason I am posting is to make this fantastic contribution.

KORGOTH OF BARBARIA

This is afaik the only episode made. For whatever reason, this was not turned into a series, I guess the execs who made that decision are pussies. Created by Aaron Springer and his team, ie the Spongebob guys.

Epic Cartoon is Epic. Conan on 11. Heavy Metal. Chicks in Distress. Dark Wizards. Awesomeness.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

Oboy! How could I forget Pepper Ann, Hey Arnold!, and CatDog?

I used to watch those back when they aired on Saturday mornings.  My whole family would often watch a block of shows called "One Saturday Morning" that featured some of those shows.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Saturday_Morning
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 1:48pm
I used to love comic books made into cartoons like Lucky Luke, Tintin and Asterix.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I used to love comic books made into cartoons like Lucky Luke, Tintin and Asterix.

I used to have random merchandise of Lucky Luke and Asterix (my first wallet was a Lucky Luke one), but never saw any cartoons by either.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 2:50pm
No?

Check out these clips:

Edited by UMUR - 11 Jan 2012 at 2:51pm
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:38pm
There's a really cool anime called "Amon Saga".

Anyway, I love comics - especially Tintin. Herg� was a genius.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 9:39am
i really like regular show and adventure time is good as well. nothing cartoon wise on Nickelodeon is good anymore. they should bring back the misadventures of flapjack and chowder though on cartoonetwork. i also like the tick which i own season 1 of and invader zim which i have all seasons of. heres a pic of the tick and i love aqua teen hunger force

Edited by vmoore - 06 Dec 2012 at 9:40am
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 9:46am
one more post. RUGRATS WAS my fav cartoon when i was younger.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 1:58pm

Edited by IMPF2112 - 13 Feb 2019 at 6:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic