MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your recent non-metal purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

AM I THE ONLY  ONE WHO POSTS ON  THIS HERE THREAD ANYMORE?

THIS RECORD BECAUSE OLD COUNTRY IS GREAT AND MODERN BULLSHIT COUNTRY IS JUST COMMERCIAL BULLSHIT

Calmate, man. I agree that country overall is a terrible genre of music though

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 06 Nov 2014 at 1:46pm
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

THIS RECORD BECAUSE OLD COUNTRY IS GREAT AND MODERN BULLSHIT COUNTRY IS JUST COMMERCIAL BULLSHIT

have you even listened to traditional old country? it is totally different than today's country. todays country is all about trucks, getting drunk, i live in the country down a dirt road and women. only thing that is dif is the singers voice. even the guitar tones are all the same. old country songs all have meanin  like for exampla the band alabama has a song about the working class, and alsoa song about a guy who is a truck driver and the family gets a call about a jack knifes rig and become worried, also the guitar tones were distinguishable between each artists. listen to some merle haggard or johnny cash or willie nelson and you will know whati mean.                                                                                        country music is not terrible modern radio pop country is.

Edited by vmoore - 06 Nov 2014 at 4:04pm
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 8:56pm

have you even listened to traditional old country? it is totally different than today's country. todays country is all about trucks, getting drunk, i live in the country down a dirt road and women. only thing that is dif is the singers voice. even the guitar tones are all the same. old country songs all have meanin  like for exampla the band alabama has a song about the working class, and alsoa song about a guy who is a truck driver and the family gets a call about a jack knifes rig and become worried, also the guitar tones were distinguishable between each artists. listen to some merle haggard or johnny cash or willie nelson and you will know whati mean.                                                                                        country music is not terrible modern radio pop country is.

I enjoy traditional country music. What I meant by country music overall I meant the radio stuff

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 10:02am

I enjoy traditional country music. What I meant by country music overall I meant the radio stuff
you should of said that to begin with
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 7:53pm

you should of said that to begin with

I love this guy. He is quite full of it to put it bluntly Clap

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 6:04pm
Being extremely technical about the thread title, I would have to say the games "Escape Goat" and "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition" for Steam. Regarding music though it's been awhile...I can't remember!!LOL
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 8:51am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 6:45am
^ That's a great album, one of their best.

Really excited about hearing this new one from Anekdoten that should be on its way to me....

Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 10:58pm

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 3:20pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 4:27pm
^ One of my favourite Tull albums, did you get the Steven Wilson remix?
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

^ One of my favourite Tull albums, did you get the Steven Wilson remix?

No, I just got the original vinyl for $5. At the music store I go to, they have some really good deals on used records.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 5:12pm
^ Great price. I have it on vinyl too but I also got the Wilson remix. Come to think of it I have an earlier cd version too. Tull have had plenty of money out of me over the years as I've had 5 versions of Thick as a Brick, 4 of Aqualung and at least 1 of every other album. Ouch
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 8:29pm
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 3:18am
^^^ Very cool Approve

Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 12:45am
Got these two albums on vinyl yesterday:

Edited by aglasshouse - 04 Jul 2015 at 12:46am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 9:50am
This is great if you enjoy early Fairport Convention....

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Probably my all-time favourite album, although I've possibly over-played it over the years.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Probably my all-time favourite album, although I've possibly over-played it over the years.

It's a great album, although Minstrel in the Gallery is probably my favorite from the Tull.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 2:10pm
The last non-metal things I bought were a Cheap Trick best-of album, which was really awful, other than their big hits, and a live Nirvana bootleg which was OK.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>
  Share Topic