Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your recent non-metal purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 28>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

GZA - Liquid Swords

Hell yes!!! ClapBig smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 8:58pm
Here's my most recent vinyl (and 2 CD's) haul:

Most of it's non-metal (with the exception of Iron Butterfly, Winger, and Rhinoceros), but each of these records was only $1.99. Some of these are worth a lot more than that in this kind of condition, and I gladly snatched them up. I already own a few of these on CD (and I actually own Foxtrot on vinyl and CD, but this one is from a different pressing and the other copy is currently hanging in my bedroom), but I couldn't pass up such a great offer. I've really been into record collecting lately, and I'm starting to build up a pretty massive collection. Big smile

Combine this with my already huge CD and video game collections and I'm beginning to already run out of space at age 16. Wacko
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 6:06pm
I got more stuff today at the wonderful music/DVD store in Princeton, NJ. I didn't do much extensive searching, but these were some cheap items that immediately jumped out at me. I'm going to be heading in that area quite a bit over the next few months to see a physical therapist who can (hopefully) treat my constant neck & face pain, so I'll be sure to make some more stops at this store. A lot of these are video games (which were absurdly cheap!), but I did pick up a few CD's and records as well. Smile

I paid about $40 for all of this stuff, which is a pretty exceptional deal. I'm especially looking forward to playing Fallout: New Vegas. Big smile
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 8:01pm
^ ^ ^
Album of the Year Thumbs Up

What's the CD in the bottom corner?
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

^ ^ ^
Album of the Year Thumbs Up

What's the CD in the bottom corner?

That album is excellent! It was only $1.99, so I couldn't let it sit there. Big smile

The one in the bottom right corner is this: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/to-mera--transcendental.aspx
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 12:39pm
Pink Floyd - The Story of Wish You Were Here (DVD)

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 8:18pm
Since my recent pickups include both metal and non-metal things, I'll post this in both threads. Thumbs Up

My local record store recently had a 50% off everything sale, so I abused the fuck out of that opportunity. They have excellent prices without a sale, but I got all of this stuff for less than $43. I got some excellent things to add to my collection here, and a few of these pieces have been on my search list for months:

I also stayed at my grandmother's house for a few days recently, and visited two of the music stores in her area. I got a few cool things there too:

...and now I need to stop buying shit and actually listen to it! LOL
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:45pm
Marillion - Brave

David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 7:11pm
^ Brave is one of my favorites! Thumbs Up Coincidentally, I also bought Secrets of the Beehive in my most recent visit to the record store in Princeton, NJ (along with some other cool stuff, including a 3-CD Iced Earth boxed-set live album for only $5!).

FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:30pm
I bought a CD player xD missed having one so BAM I got one ^^ I also bought a Metallica CD :P
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 3:05pm
Booker Ervin - The Freedom Book

Booker Ervin - The Trance

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 7:28pm
Marillion - Sounds That Can't Be Made

Porcupine Tree - On The Sunday Of Life

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 9:09pm
For some reason I forgot to post this when I made this purchase, but I picked up some prog/psych vinyl recently at my record store:

Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Porcupine Tree - On The Sunday Of Life

You're a brave soul.  This is the only PT album I haven't heard but everyone says it's pretty bad.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 8:11pm

I went to a flea market earlier today, and found a vender who was selling tons of vinyl in EXCELLENT condition for $1 a piece. Really an excellent find - I got 23 records, and didn't even have enough time to go through half of his selection! Awesomeness! Big smile

I already own copies of BSS and Days of Future Passed on vinyl, but I couldn't let them sit. Tongue
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 2:53pm
Got a trio of $2 records.

Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare

Crosby, Stills & Nash - s/t

Cat Stevens - Catch a Bull at Four

Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 3:44pm
Got the Storm Corrosion 2LP when it was released but it was an agonising wait after the CD release.

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 7:13pm
Since my most recent haul of vinyl contains about half metal and about half non-metal, I'll post it in both threads:

That Fates Warning album was easily the highlight of this trip - I still can't believe I found that in pristine condition for only about 6 dollars! Big smile
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 6:37pm
Today while I was mowing my neighbor's lawn, she noticed that I was wearing an ELP shirt and asked me if I wanted to look through some of her records for anything I'd want. Big smile She had a lot of stuff that I already own (ELP, Yes, Chick Corea, Genesis, etc.), so I just picked out five records in total. I would've felt bad if I had taken much more than that. Embarrassed

All of these are in basically mint condition, too! I already own Remember the Future, but my old copy has a nasty scratch on side one that makes it almost unlistenable. Always nice to get some free stuff! Thumbs Up
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 7:07am
I got a huge haul of stuff at the two record stores near my grandparents' house - most of the LP's were only one or two dollars (I would've never bought Abacab or GTR for more than that Tongue), so I got some pretty good deals too. Now it's time to stop buying shit and actually listen to and review it! LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 28>
  Share Topic