3 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chris Adler vs Joey Jordison
    Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:14pm
the drummers from two of the teenage wonderlands of metal, as every teenager seems to get heavy into these bands rather starts on Slipknot and goes further into Lamb of God also young drummer usually are heavy into both band not because of the music peruse but because the drummers in Slipknot and Lamb of God hold a very good standard for those who will adapt speed and grooves

I must say i like Lamb faaar more then Slipknot, but i have seen only Slipknot live and was impressed, and i like some songs. but i have always found Joey to be better then the rest of the band seems like he almost hold back some technique. while Chris seems to ecplore more and more techniques and become more interesting each album and tend to play some really cool grooves, he is the one big reason i really listen to Lamb, 

Edited by Balthamel - 03 Jan 2012 at 2:16pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:15pm
Not a fan of neither of those acts, but they both have really skilled drummers of that I agree. I�ve seen Slipnot twice. They do this really crazy trick and turn the drumkit upside down so that Joey plays the drums with his head down for a full song (as far as I remember). Try and do that if you had one too many beers before going on stageLOL

Edited by UMUR - 03 Jan 2012 at 2:17pm
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:28pm
they also elevate the can slamemer and DJ set so the clown and that crazy spike headed crazy dude climbs and jumps down and climbs again 
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:30pm
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 3:52pm
I feel like the only teenager here who isn't a fan of nu metal...

But anyway, I think they are both very skilled drummers. Joey Jordison has some pretty good drum tracks on "Iowa".
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 4:06pm
I like both of the bands, I haven't got into Chris enough to vote though, i do like Joey a lot though.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 8:26pm
Really don't like the drumming (or anything for that matter) in either Slipknot or Lamb of God, but did Chris Adler do anything in Blotted Science?  If so, I guess my vote would go to him, although not the biggest Blotted Science fan either.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

Oh you.  I'm only 18 now.  In my high school years, while others were toying around with Slipknot and Disturbed, I was chillin' to the tunes of Blut aus Nord, Sunn O))), and Enslaved; bands that none of my classmates even heard of. Tongue

That said, I don't care for either of the bands here, but I do know that Joey did drums on Ministry's Rio Grande Blood and played with Satyricon and 3 Inches of Blood live.  His background is definitely more interesting than Chris'.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:27am

I'm 15.... you're not alone. Tongue

I do like me some Disturbed from time to time, though.... it's a guilty pleasure of mine. Embarrassed
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:28am
Both are great drummers from what I've seen, but I'm not familiar enough with either of their work to put in a confident vote.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 6:01am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

I do like me some Disturbed from time to time, though.... it's a guilty pleasure of mine. Embarrassed

I just saw all their albums at my local library. Maybe I should loan them an write a couple of reviews.
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:27am
Chris.
Joey's style is upsetting to my ears, I'm was huge Slipknot fan back in the day and I still like  a lot of their stuff a hell of a lot, but increasingly I dislike how Joey plays. His talent is great, but his style is very unpleaseant to the ear... that and he always has an expression on his face that makes him look like a nasty person, even if he isn't.

Chris on the other hand looks like a stand up guy and his drumming style is much more suited to my ears. I can listen to him play with or without the band, whereas I can only listen to Joey when Slipknot are also playing.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 9:14am
interesting analysis. Especially the face expression partBig smile.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 10:21am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

I just saw all their albums at my local library. Maybe I should loan them an write a couple of reviews.

It's pretty formulaic, but their albums are all so blatantly masculine and manly that I can't help enjoying myself a little bit. Big smileLOL I'm not sure what you'd think of it, but for a price tag like that, you don't have much to lose!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic