Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Next Gig You're Going To

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 4:11am
I was hanging out by the door throughout the who concert, so you must have walked past me a couple of times. Paul Masvidal actually gently brushed against me during Chimp Spanner's show on his way from the bar to the band area upstairs.

Anyway, the Chimp Spanner drummer looked like he was having a really good time playing that kind of music and being on stage which I found a really sympathetic trait.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 8:20am
Yeah he was a great performer (and obviously extremely skilled too). The rest of the band were a bit too static though. I could have wished for a bit more showmanship.

...but I guess having seen Steve Vai a couple of times has completely spoiled me when it comes to seeing instrumental music live.

Edited by UMUR - 19 Dec 2011 at 8:21am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I was hanging out by the door throughout the who concert, so you must have walked past me a couple of times. Paul Masvidal actually gently brushed against me during Chimp Spanner's show on his way from the bar to the band area upstairs.

Anyway, the Chimp Spanner drummer looked like he was having a really good time playing that kind of music and being on stage which I found a really sympathetic trait.

Damn we�ve been standing almost at the same spot. I was standing just next to the mixing pult. Black shirt, shaved head and a beard. Next time PM me your phone number so we can say hi.

...oh and it wasn�t me standing with those two drunk and constantly talking girlsAngry. Fuckin� annoying.

Edited by UMUR - 19 Dec 2011 at 8:28am
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 3:44pm
I didn't notice any drunk talking girls... I was smitten with Paul Masvidal's gentle beauty. Ying Yang
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 12:24am
Obviously they weren�tAngryLOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I didn't notice any drunk talking girls... I was smitten with Paul Masvidal's gentle beauty. Ying Yang

Bowdown. Hippie natureYing Yang
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 2:17am
im going to a dubstep show on the 21st, defiantly not metal, but raves are loads of fun 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic