2 [28.57%]
3 [42.86%]
1 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vaudeville metal poll
    Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 2:18pm
if you know other vaudevillian metal acts then i will know them

i just coined this term couse it fits the bands style a vaudeville inspired metal or metal influened by circus, gypsy/rom people music, theater music, funny music,  and these four bands fits the mold, (also eclectic prog band Major Parkinson have elements of it so if interested check em out)

so this is metal that is like if Tom Watis married Meshuggah or Peter Pans evil coussin,

but i think this will be a fun poll
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 3:52pm
I don't know any of this music.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 4:32pm
Shocked oh but you should they are like awesome

do you like Black metal then Arcturus should be right up your alley since they are avant-black, and wierd metal
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 5:43pm
TONIGHT WE'RE GONNA PARTY LIKE IT'S, 19-9-7!
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 6:16pm
Unexpect for me. 
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
genghiscon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genghiscon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 2:03am
Gonna have to hunt these four bands down and give them a listen before I can make an informed vote on the poll.

At least I have four more recommendations to see if I like....always a good thing.
I got Rock N Roll to save me from the cold, and if thats all there is, that aint so bad. Rock N Roll! - Lemmy
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 4:18am
you are in for a trip

http://itspublique.de/wp-content/uploads/karussel.gif
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 4:23am
Originally posted by Balthamel Balthamel wrote:

Shocked oh but you should they are like awesome

do you like Black metal then Arcturus should be right up your alley since they are avant-black, and wierd metal
Not a black metal fan. And not a weird metal fan either.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 4:24am
oh
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genghiscon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 9:23am
Just got done listening to three of the four poll question bands.... for the first time ever.
Arcturus - listened to Deamonpainter, My Angel, and Alone... interesting sci-fi, acid trip, viking symphonic black metal...unusual and I didn't dislike it. I'll have to look into it a little more...

Diablo Swing Orchestra - listened to A Tap Dancer's Dilemma, Ballrog Boogie, and Poetic Pitbull Revolutions... Ummmm...Big band jazz, swing, orchestral metal?? No freaking way it should work. And it does. Really interesting. Will definitely give it a second spin and see if it sticks with me.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - listened to Helpless Corpses Enactment, Widening Eye, and A Hymn To The Morning Star... And my head just exploded. WTF?!?!?! I... I just.... words just fail me on this one. I think I need to lie down.

......I'll be in the corner, sucking my thumb, and rocking myself in a fetal position...Thanks Balthamel. I may need a lobotomy now....
I got Rock N Roll to save me from the cold, and if thats all there is, that aint so bad. Rock N Roll! - Lemmy
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 9:48am
it is nothing just doing my jobb in making metal heads into nervous wrecks, you might just weight some days before you trye UneXpect the as they might be the Wacko of the bands
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by genghiscon genghiscon wrote:

Just got done listening to three of the four poll question bands.... for the first time ever.
Arcturus - listened to Deamonpainter, My Angel, and Alone... interesting sci-fi, acid trip, viking symphonic black metal...unusual and I didn't dislike it. I'll have to look into it a little more...

Diablo Swing Orchestra - listened to A Tap Dancer's Dilemma, Ballrog Boogie, and Poetic Pitbull Revolutions... Ummmm...Big band jazz, swing, orchestral metal?? No freaking way it should work. And it does. Really interesting. Will definitely give it a second spin and see if it sticks with me.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - listened to Helpless Corpses Enactment, Widening Eye, and A Hymn To The Morning Star... And my head just exploded. WTF?!?!?! I... I just.... words just fail me on this one. I think I need to lie down.

......I'll be in the corner, sucking my thumb, and rocking myself in a fetal position...Thanks Balthamel. I may need a lobotomy now....

If you are interested, Diablo Swing Orchestra's debut can be downloaded for free

also,

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genghiscon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 1:02am
Holy Crap! If that SGM song, 1997, isn't one of the most catchiest songs I've heard recently, I don't know what is....

That is flat out bombtastic.

Thanks, Tri-top! I now know who I'm voting for in this poll....
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 6:39pm
To be fair not a lot of their material sounds like that song, but basically all of it is awesome
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genghiscon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

To be fair not a lot of their material sounds like that song, but basically all of it is awesome

You are right, not much of their stuff sounds anything like that song. But, I applaud them for their abundant originality and daring to play way outside the box.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 3:21am
here is some Arcturus

Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 10:57am
Wow, one of these metal polls where I'm actually fluent in all of the band options.  Anyhow, between Sleepytime and Arcturus...it's really very close.  Since Arcturus doesn't have a vote yet I'll throw them one just so I don't have to think too hard...
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 12:30pm
Went for Diablo since they don't have a vote yet, and they deserve one.

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 1:37pm
Initial instinct says Arcturus, but I'll listen to the rest.

Gave uneXpect's latest album a listen.  The first song is pretty cool, but after that, it gets kinda pointless.  It's quite a lot to take in.  3.5/5.  They're not getting my vote.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 12:27pm
Listened to SGM's debut and all I can say is...
AMBUGATON!

Some other songs were weaker though.  I'll give their more well received sophomore album a listen before moving on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic