MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seigmen - Norways first post-metal act

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seigmen - Norways first post-metal act
    Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 9:25am
I just have that feeling when i listen ot their music, and how they evolved and the short span between each record they are to me equivelant to Neurosis and Tool now in the realm of experimental early 90s metal/rock acts

my Seigmen madness have infected PA, and now it will infect MMA, they were a utterly stunning band, who also can be argued to be one of the first post-metal bands in the world.

they are labeld goth metal but that I feel is just a short amount of how they sound to me, they have a dence and a changing sound throughout the 90s,.  this I will recomend to fans of both Neurosis, Tool, Melvins, Ulver, Meshuggah, Isis, Mastodon, Pelican, Cult of Luna, Sigur Ros, Porcupine Three and Ozric Tentacles

i would recomend all their albums really and listen to them from the debute EP from 1992 uptil the last (and only english lingual album ) Radiowaves from 1997.

Edited by Balthamel - 30 Oct 2011 at 9:25am
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 11:20am

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 3:13pm
I had all their albums on loan from the library about 4 or 5 years back. Really depressive and dark stuff. I�ll probably loan the albums again sometime, listen to them and review them.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 5:05pm
this song is from the debute EP in 1992

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 10:41am
I wonder if Mastodon have heard Seigmen couse two Mastodon intros sounds like Seigmen intros, juse check the intro of Badazzled Fingernails and Seigmens -  Ohm
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 11:22am

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 4:07am
this is one of the best songs made k

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 7:42am
why arent nobody interested in this band is beyond me
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 5:45am
bump
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 10:21am
this might interest a sludge metal fan'

Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 6:37pm
I've only heard (/own) Total, which I've not listened to in a long time (I remember it being, somewhat, Gothic? influenced), so this might be a good reminder to give it another spin. 
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 5:52am
check the debute EP and the following album more heavy and harder riffs, more honest i would say
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image