Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alice Cooper - 7 Oct 2011, Jakarta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alice Cooper - 7 Oct 2011, Jakarta
    Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 11:22pm
ALICE COOPER - No More Mr.Nice Guy Tour
Live at eX Park, Jakarta, Oct 7th 2011

Resized to 98% (was 720 x 540) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

Last Friday, the shock rock icon visited Jakarta for a quick stop before going to Europe. I went to the gig, cruising down a hell of a traffic because the venue is a bit unusual, they held it right in the middle of a hectic business district where Hard Rock Cafe is situated, but fast forward, the show is on very late, probably around 11PM and finished in 2 hours, but it's completely a major satisfaction. Alice is such a true entertainer, I must admit I'm not familiar with many songs from his classic days because I only dig his commercial era (Trash, Stoopid, etc), but luckily, he played many hits like 'I'm Eighteen', 'No More Mr.Nice Guy', and 'Only Women Bleed', so I can sing along with the older guys there lol

Resized to 98% (was 720 x 540) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

Unfortunately, the ticket price was very high (up to $70-$80) and lack of promotion, hence the crowd is too small for veteran like this (perhaps only 1.000). Don't know what the promotor has been doing, but Alice should have gathered at least 4,000 crowd with a reasonable ticket price. Lucky for me, I snapped a cheap presale ticket around $30 and got to watch a very memorable concert. His vocal is quite okay, his movement is limited but he got my high respect for a star performing stunts like this at his 60s. He brought many interesting things to the stage, from the spider costume, to the woman dolls, from guillotine to the Frankenstein monster.

Resized to 74% (was 960 x 720) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

Great show!

Complete Setlist
1. The Black Widow (Welcome To My Nightmare #9)
2. Brutal Planet (Brutal Planet #1)
3. I'm Eighteen (Love It To Death #2)
4. Under My Wheels (Killer #1)
5. Billion Dollar Babies (Billion Dollar Babies #4)
6. No More Mr.Nice Guy (Billion Dollar Babies #6)
7. Hey Stoopid (Hey Stoopid #1)
8. Is It My Body (Love It To Death #5)
9. Halo of Flies (Killer #3)
10. I'll Bite Your Face Off (Welcome 2 My Nightmare #7)
11. Muscle of Love (Muscle of Love #6)
12. Only Women Bleed (Welcome To My Nightmare #2)
13. Cold Ethyl (Welcome To My Nightmare #7)
14. Feed My Frankestein (Hey Stoopid #7)
15. Clones (We're All) (Flush The Fashion #2)
16. Poison (Trash #1)
17. Wicked Young Man (Brutal Planet #2)
18. I Love The Dead (Billion Dollar Babies #10)
19. School's Out (School's Out #1)

Encore
20. Elected (Billion Dollar Babies #3)
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 11:23pm
SCHOOL'S OUT,
captured by a friend of mine using his pocket cam, the quality is decent

Edited by Stephen - 09 Oct 2011 at 11:24pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 3:10am
Cool Stephen. I�ve yet to see Alice live, but I think it�s time I prioritize this the next time he comes to Denmark. My brother saw him in Stockholm a couple of years ago.
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 3:53am
yeah if you get the chance to see him friend, you must, because at his age, he's probably gonna retire soon.

I can't believe at this age, older than my father lol, he's still capable of consistently singing and performing at the same time with ease. Kudos to him, a legend he is indeed !

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 4:26am
This looks fantastic! i saw Alice some years ago at the 'Psycho Drama' tour and posted heaps of photos on this section of the site. I regret not seeing his 'theatre of death' tour as that was stunning DVD as was 'Brutally Live' DVD. I hope to see his 'welcome 2 my nightmare' concert to promote the new album.
GLAM METAL!
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 4:38am
Originally posted by Stephen Stephen wrote:

SCHOOL'S OUT,
captured by a friend of mine using his pocket cam, the quality is decent

Hey, its really cool that Alice performed to such a small crowd and that shows he is really branching out into other venues rather than the huge arenas he used to play. But he is still popular though I think he treasures every show knowing it could be his last. 

I saw him perform to about 3000 people in Australia, which is still small but he really delivered the goods. He is still doing his tricks, throwing out confetti balloons and slashing them with a sword, throwing out billion dollar bills, throwing out necklaces, the guillotine trick and the Nurse putting him in a straight jacket - I love all that as that is Alice!

One thing I did not expect was to come home with a souvenir - i was cut up about not getting a billion dollar note as the roadie wouldn't pass me one on the stage after the concert, but I came home with Eric Singer's drumstick that he threw out after his solo - a priceless moment.
GLAM METAL!
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 5:18am
^^^^ what the frak is this spam!!!

that was too quickShocked

Edited by AtomicCrimsonRush - 12 Oct 2011 at 5:22am
GLAM METAL!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic