MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Core Chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal|Bleed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 12:37am
Agnostic Front one of my favorite metalcore bands. "For My Family" is my favorite song, I love the guitars in that song, that 'harmonized lead guitar melodies. Makes you wanna sing along :D I ordered myself a T-shirt of the band from http://www.metal-shop.eu/b/agnostic-front/ . I strongly recomend it.
WSWC View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WSWC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 6:03pm

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Metal|Bleed Metal|Bleed wrote:

Agnostic Front one of my favorite metalcore bands. "For My Family" is my favorite song, I love the guitars in that song, that 'harmonized lead guitar melodies. Makes you wanna sing along :D I ordered myself a T-shirt of the band from http://www.metal-shop.eu/b/agnostic-front/ . I strongly recomend it.

I never thought of Agnostic Front as a metalcore band. I see them more like a hardcore band who draw extensively on crossover thrash. I totally love the Warriors and My Life My Way albums, by the way. Anyway, for those who don't know what we're talking about, here's 'For My Family':

From the same album My Life My Way, I prefer these:

And my favorite from Warriors is this one:

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 4:29pm
I've just been checking out Agnostic Front, and I agree their music pretty damn solid(but then I do like crossover thrash). I'm starting to check out other metalcore bands as well as some deathcore and nu metal bands, as I never really gave the genres much of a chance(other than metalcore anyways). Born of Osiris and Between the Buried and and Me are GREAT prog deathcore but as for metalcore I'd say so far I've enjoyed Devildriver, and....others I can't remember atm... :/
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 8:11pm
I'm going to see A Day To Remember in August, I hope it's going to be worth it. Smile
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 9:34am
Some metalcore news you may have seen - 

At their Mantras of War release party on 30th October 2015 at Colectiv nightclub in Bucharest, Goodbye To Gravity's pyrotechnics display set a deadly fire, greatly accelerated by polyurethane foam used in the club to dampen sound waves, and 32 people died, while many more were hospitalised. Vocalist Andrei Găluț, bassist Alex Pascu and drummer Bogdan Lavinius were hospitalised with injuries, and guitarists Vlad Țelea and Mihai Alexandru died.

All those people out for a good time who won't be going home, or won't be returning the same! 

Edited by Bosh66 - 04 Nov 2015 at 9:38am
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 6:15pm
^That's sad, my condolences to the family's of those killed and/or injured. I hope those who were injured recover.

Edited by Unitron - 04 Nov 2015 at 6:15pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Some metalcore news you may have seen - 

At their Mantras of War release party on 30th October 2015 at Colectiv nightclub in Bucharest, Goodbye To Gravity's pyrotechnics display set a deadly fire, greatly accelerated by polyurethane foam used in the club to dampen sound waves, and 32 people died, while many more were hospitalised. Vocalist Andrei Găluț, bassist Alex Pascu and drummer Bogdan Lavinius were hospitalised with injuries, and guitarists Vlad Țelea and Mihai Alexandru died.

All those people out for a good time who won't be going home, or won't be returning the same! 

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 11:32am
The band's website was proclaiming the band as being at the forefront of Romanian metal. Not that careers are what is important, but I guess it must be the end of the road for Goodbye To Gravity.

Sad news. A lot of pain and suffering with a lot of people hurt or dead.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 8:42am
The sad news continues. The bassist passed on yesterday apparently. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 8:53am
So only vocalist Andrei Găluț has survived the fire then? Fingers crossed at least one of them makes it. It's going to leave him with all sorts of feelings if he does though.

No happy endings here.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 11:25am
Very sad news, let's hope that he makes it.
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 2:59pm
^Yes and no. If he survives, then he'll go on knowing that all his friends are dead and he lived. Survivor's guilt.

As aforementioned, no happy endings here. 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 9:53am
It's funny how you can completely miss some albums. I'm a big Zao fan. Their last album released was 2009's Awake? or so I thought. Just browsing in a local (mainly second-hand) record store and picked up this from December (2016) -

I'd assumed they had broken up. It's good to be wrong sometimes.

Edited by Bosh66 - 06 Jul 2017 at 9:54am
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:50am
That's some awesome cover art, what kind of metalcore do they play?
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:08pm
I'd say old-school thrash based metalcore Khaliq, but that would suggest they're a run of the mill clone, and they're not. An important band in the development of the genre in my view, often brutal and at times experimental. You can stream the latest album on Bandcamp if you're curious.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:59pm
^Cool! Sounds right up my alley. I'll check 'em out.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 8:43am

WTF! Here is Murp.

Sweet kid - hope she doesn't wreck her vocal chords before she even hits puberty.

Edited by Bosh66 - 31 Jul 2017 at 11:36am
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 11:39am
Just added a mainly instrumental deathcore artist - Mysarium. It's a solo project from some bloke in Connecticut. 

Since 2012 he's released 36 full-length albums. In what world is that neccessary or desirable? That's a hell of a lot of time for me to copy his details off Bandcamp.

Anyway if you want to judge the quality yourself, his releases are free here - https://mysarium.bandcamp.com/music
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Just added a mainly instrumental deathcore artist - Mysarium. It's a solo project from some bloke in Connecticut. 

Since 2012 he's released 36 full-length albums. In what world is that neccessary or desirable? That's a hell of a lot of time for me to copy his details off Bandcamp.

Anyway if you want to judge the quality yourself, his releases are free here - https://mysarium.bandcamp.com/music

I always worry that these overly productive artists are spreading their creativity too thinly which leads me to not bothering with them. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic