Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [16.22%]
13 [35.14%]
18 [48.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cigarette Smoking?
    Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 12:23pm
Thought it would be an interesting topic. Do you smoke? Did you ever try smoking? Do you have a cigarette every now and then? If you do smoke, do you like it? or you wish to quit?

or are you perhaps one of those anti-smoking characters, and you think doing it is wrong not only for health reasons, but also for moral ones? Now that they are heavy anti smoking laws , especially in the United States, do you think that they will still be people who smoke years and years from now?

I personally do smoke, and I don't think it should be anything to freak out about, and it is IMO one of the little pleasures that make some moments more enjoyable. But I am trying to quit, since I'm about to move to America, and I'm only 17, thus I can't buy any. 

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 12:31pm
Oh well...I�ll have to admit that I�ve fallen back into my old smoking habit during this last half year (damn it), but there has been 4-5 years before that where I didn�t smoke regularly. Only the occasional pack of cigarettes at a party (damn alcohol is treacherous). I smoked every day from I was 17 until I was around 28-29. It�s usually during stressful periods of my life that I smoke. I suffer from Astma though, so I�m trying hard not to smoke. I�m sure I�ll get the will power to quit soon.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 12:39pm
I don't smoke and don't intend on doing it any time soon.

However, I'm not morally opposed to smoking, and I can't stand all of the legislation (especially here in America) that's being enforced. If somebody wants to smoke, that's their choice and they should have the right to do it IMO. Smoking is not for me, but it's not my job (or anyone's job) to trample on people who enjoy it. 
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 12:58pm
I never have, I don't plan on ever doing so.  I don't have a problem with other people smoking around me, it doesn't bother me like it used to, but it's not something I'm interested in doing.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

I never have, I don't plan on ever doing so.  I don't have a problem with other people smoking around me, it doesn't bother me like it used to, but it's not something I'm interested in doing.

Yep. That pretty much sums me up as well.  I'd rather waste my money on buying more music.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 1:46pm
I tried it once when I was a teen. I didn't like it. I didn't give in to peer pressure, because I didn't give a crap about my classmates and what they thought back in school, and I was not afraid to say that I found it a disgusting experience.

I don't smoke now, and I don't intend on starting to smoke ever. I have no problem with other people smoking - that's none of my business.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 1:58pm
For 34 years now. Really, I can't believe it's been that long. I started inhaling when I was 12 but actually tried cigarettes when I was 8. Craziness! Oh yeah, I thought I was cool. I have quit three times for six months and did for six weeks about a year ago. For me, I find it harder and crave more as time goes on. Not a good sign.

When I started it was known that smoking wasn't good for you but in recent years with all the studies showcasing all the implications on health and economics I'm somewhat baffled why anyone would start. Somewhat, meaning I understand the tempatation, curiosity, pier pressure and other psychological reasonings, justifications, excuses.

Phonebook, all I can say is, "QUIT" now as your very young and probably haven't been smoking long. It does get  harder as times goes on.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 2:40pm
Yeah the habit is very hard to break.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Yep. That pretty much sums me up as well.  I'd rather waste my money on buying more music.

Me too! LOL
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by cannon cannon wrote:

For 34 years now. Really, I can't believe it's been that long. I started inhaling when I was 12 but actually tried cigarettes when I was 8. Craziness! Oh yeah, I thought I was cool. I have quit three times for six months and did for six weeks about a year ago. For me, I find it harder and crave more as time goes on. Not a good sign.

When I started it was known that smoking wasn't good for you but in recent years with all the studies showcasing all the implications on health and economics I'm somewhat baffled why anyone would start. Somewhat, meaning I understand the tempatation, curiosity, pier pressure and other psychological reasonings, justifications, excuses.

Phonebook, all I can say is, "QUIT" now as your very young and probably haven't been smoking long. It does get  harder as times goes on.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I have been smoking for a little bit, but not too much, averagely a few a day, so I'm not addicted thank god. 

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 7:10pm
Clap Good man.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 3:58am
Never have, and don't intend to. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 8:02am

Smoked for 34 years but gave up on New Year's Eve 2008.

Had enough of the people that wouldn't let me have a fag (yes, that's what we call them in England) while enjoying a pint of ale.

I used to frequent the local clubs a fair bit when I was single a few years back but gave that up too, I'd much rather inhale smoke than smell another humans body odour Dead

King Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:51am

I quit two years ago! Now I have more money to buy music!!!

FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 12:11pm
I'm a happy smoker! Thumbs Up  But only roll ups and cigars. I hate the taste (and the concept) of all the extra chemicals put in 'proper' ciggarettes. If I choose to smoke and enjoy smoking I think I have a right to know EXACTLY what I'm inhaling, so it's the pure, Indian style, expensive stuff for me. I you're going to enjoy a smoke, smoke the good stuff, not the mass marketed crap, that's what I say. Puff away...
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 4:16am
Waste of money and waste of time
GLAM METAL!
S33T View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S33T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 4:55pm
never ever had the feeling that I need to start smoking cigarette's!
Still happy with that!
Saves a lot of money.. and other stuff

and otherwise ;p I will inhale enough smoke from other people around me,
really cheap :P isn't!
192 juicy bodies of children. I'm a sadist.
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 5:05pm
I do smoke but I try to smoke less because of the money. Last 2 days I only like 4 cigarettes. I will keep smoking at parties, but this will save up like 5 tot 10 euros per week.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 7:21pm
Only had the occasional "social" cigarette, like when drinking (and only rarely) or if I was out with a group/friend who smoked.
Pretty sure I've had a cigg like 5 or 6 times in my whole life.

No need to go into the health factors and price since we know about that, but never did anything for me. Maybe because I was always relaxed? Like I never had the "need" for one or got a good feeling from it. At best a cigg was just....neutral.

Don't have a problem with others smoking, big believer of to each their own. I even let em smoke in my car which is a huge no no for my parents, and brother.

Don't know about other countries but the smoking regulation here in the US has gotten insane, especially in NJ it's pretty much a state wide indoor ban (even bars) and some public places even have banned it! Ridic.

Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Me too! LOL

Thumbs Up

Another reason is that I'm just not interested in smelling like crap. There are some brands that I've kind of started to like the smell of, partly because they remind me of the atmosphere on a lot of club gigs (in the days before the strict laws), but most smokers smell hideous when they come back from their break.
<- Click on this!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic