6 [16.22%]
13 [35.14%]
18 [48.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 12:51am
Related, I love the smell of cigars. Smell so nice but they taste like crap.
Hookah is as delicious as it smells though. That is the stuff!
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 1:55am
i don't smoke tobacco, but do smoke other herbs and things occasionally
mostly when i have nothing else to do  

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 1:55am
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Hookah is as delicious as it smells though. That is the stuff!

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 2:22am
One good thing has come from me being ill for so long. My coughing got so bad last week and I developed a fever, that made it impossible for me to smoke, so today I haven�t smoked for 7 daysHeadbanger. Hopefully this will be the end of my smoking habit this time around.

Edited by UMUR - 30 Nov 2011 at 3:12pm
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 3:32am
Good luck for you who are looking to quit!

I know it's an incredibly tough thing to kick, good friends of mine have occasionally broken down and more or less admitted to me it's just flat out addiction and they often hate it.

Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 3:06pm
Can't stand smoking. Makes my asthma start upAngry, so I'm actualy kinda glad that smoking is not allowed in restaurants anymore, cause it has ruined more than one good meal before....

Also never have and never will.

Edited by Sheavy - 30 Nov 2011 at 3:06pm
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 4:05pm
I tried one once and didn't like it.  I used to get really nasty headaches when I would go to family parties or sports banquets when I was a kid and I made the connection that it was because of the cigarette smoke, so it was a habit that I never really had any interest in.  I did try smoking a cigarette once when I was bowling with my brother-in-law and fortunately I didn't care for it.  I used to hate going to restaurants and bars and bowling alleys and walking out reaking of smoke.  I am also really glad that smoking has been banned.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

I'm actualy kinda glad that smoking is not allowed in restaurants anymore, cause it has ruined more than one good meal before....
 I really agree with you on this, smoking in restaurants was really disgusting. 

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 2:03am
Yeah not to mention smoking on airplanes, trains and busses.
purplepriest1965 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purplepriest1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 4:54am
Nice to read other sane and healthy comments about this filthy habit.
It�s a private habit and like religion it should not be imposed to others who are not into it.
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 7:28am
If bar owners want to allow it in their bar, they should have the right to do so... I know barkeepers who are not allowed to smoke in THEIR OWN bar for example.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 7:48am
I do believe in a lot of instances the bans are good, I mean smokers talk about their rights but what about people not wanting to breathe smoke? It HAS gone a bit far though in the US with the laws.

Also Scott is right about the smell. My good friend smokes like a chimney and gave me a jacket once to keep, (was moving out) and had to wash that thing like 3 times. The actual fibers were part smoke I thinkLOL
Since I hated clubs I went to bars at Uni and often came home to the displeasure of my roommates, smelling like a giant cigg. I almost never did either, that was just from being there.
The smoke filled bar just has an epic atmosphere though!

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 02 Dec 2011 at 7:49am

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:58am
Yeah there is a certain rock�n�roll vibe about smoking isn�t there. Mot�rhead gigs haven�t been the same since the ban.
Roc�k�n�roll is sleaze, it�s filth, it�s not caring about your health, drinking two bottles of whiskey and smoking 40 smokes each day. Rock�n�roll is not thinking about tomorrow. So yeah I�m biased about thisWacko

Edited by UMUR - 02 Dec 2011 at 11:00am
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:06pm
If you don't want to breathe smoke, you just don't go to pubs where people are allowed to smoke. There are pubs where the owners and people who go there want to smoke. Luckily there still are some pubs where you can smoke.
bonnek View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 5:19pm

Used to smoke a pack of heavy cigarettes daily from 18 till 30. Been without for 10 years now though I beg the occasional cigarette when I'm amongst my few smoking friends.

I'm very glad it's forbidden in restaurants, but the ban in bars is a bit too much regularization-meddling.
One should be free to choose his poison (well, at least if you don't expect social healthcare to pay for you cancer treatment)

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 11:09am
Originally posted by bonnek bonnek wrote:

Used to smoke a pack of heavy cigarettes daily from 18 till 30. Been without for 10 years now though I beg the occasional cigarette when I'm amongst my few smoking friends.

I'm very glad it's forbidden in restaurants, but the ban in bars is a bit too much regularization-meddling.
One should be free to choose his poison (well, at least if you don't expect social healthcare to pay for you cancer treatment)

Yes, exactly. To be frank, a lot of people are just being selfish...there ARE other people on Earth that maybe don't want to be around but the laws have gone too far. I'm ok with restaurants and that jazz, but the bans in bars, clubs etc is too far.
Especially outside places! My campus had a smoking ban, as do a few amusement parks I've been to.
If you are outside banning smoking just seems ridiculousConfused

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 10:56pm
I don't smoke because I don't like wasting money. But I like to do this occasionally, damn relaxing activity I must say. I don't really give a damn about what other people do with their lives so I'm far from criticizing them for smoking, as long as they're doing it outside - the secondary smoke smells like shit. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 12:24am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

One good thing has come from me being ill for so long. My coughing got so bad last week and I developed a fever, that made it impossible for me to smoke, so today I haven�t smoked for 7 daysHeadbanger. Hopefully this will be the end of my smoking habit this time around.

Still not smoking. I guess I actually have a realistic shot at making it this time.Smile
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 11:55am

Still not smoking. I guess I actually have a realistic shot at making it this time.Smile

Headbanger

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 12:44pm
Eating candy and gettin� fatter thoughPigLOL. Call it compensation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic