Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PAIN OF SALVATION Set Road Salt 2 Release Date

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PAIN OF SALVATION Set Road Salt 2 Release Date
    Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 2:24pm
PAIN OF SALVATION SET RELEASE DATE FOR "ROAD SALT TWO"

Following the turbulent and successful release of "Road Salt One" in the year 2010 (with numerous chart entries, Russian train bombs, an appearance at the huge Swedish "Melodifestivalen" as well as highly controversial video clips) not to mention the touring activities in its support which climaxed this year with shows in India, South America, and last month's triumphant appearance at France's Hellfest, PAIN OF SALVATION can now finally reveal that the "Road Salt Two" album is scheduled for a October 11th, 2011 release date in North America via InsideOut Music.  The European release date is set for September 26th. 

In other PAIN OF SALVATION news, the band has confirmed an extensive European tour with Opeth.  More information and all of the dates can be found athttp://www.facebook.com/Painofsalvation

Stay tuned for more information on the release of "Road Salt Two" in the meantime be sure to check out the video for "Where it Hurts" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGt1uBQv4Rc to get ready for PAIN OF SALVATION's new epic release this fall.

Edited by J-Man - 14 Jul 2011 at 2:24pm
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 3:09pm
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! HeadbangerCan't wait, and maybe there's an American tour coming soon.

The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 8:19pm
Let's hope this one doesn't disappoint me...
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by The Block The Block wrote:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! HeadbangerCan't wait, and maybe there's an American tour coming soon.

I sure as hell hope so. It'd be about time. Wink
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by The T 666 The T 666 wrote:

Let's hope this one doesn't disappoint me...

Did you enjoy RS1, Teo?
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 1:49am

It will be the first PoS album I won't be pre-ordering.

..and if RS2 is like RS1 I won't be buying it either.

With DT and the Arch/Matheos release also in September they had better sorted themselves out or most people won't even notice its release.

Never thought I would write that on a PoS album Cry

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 10:08am
RS1 was definitely my least favorite PoS album, I think I gave it 3.5 stars, but I'm hoping they can redeem themselves a little with this release, and that's why I'm so happy about it.

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 3:49pm
You know, as different as RS1 is, I still fuckin' love it. It's my least favorite PoS for sure, and I'd like to see them eventually go back to creating longer and more dynamic songs, but I think it's a damn good experiment done right. 4.5 stars in my book. That rating just shows how highly I think of their catalog.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:28pm
Great news! Road Salt 1 was very sub par for them I think, but still had very enjoyable parts.

Now if they could just haul their asses over to America for once. They go on a tour with Opeth. Fucking Opeth AND Pain of Salvation on the same tour! And they're still hobbling around in Europe.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:45pm
Hope it's better than RS1!
Not sure what happened, the idea is awesome but the actual music is just blargh....

An American tour would be nice. Daniel was a little baby and because he had to be finger printed he bawwwd and took it out on us fans....then when they DID tour the label goes bankrupt and they have to pull out. Also I have no clue how much old stuff they'd play (from the first 4). I figured I'd give up on seeing PoS LOL
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 7:20am
Definitely an American tour would be sweet. Let's hope the album is better than RS1, I was pretty disappointed with that one. 

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
Jonny Craig View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 7:29pm
RS1 was definitely my least favorite album, was really disappointed with that since I didn't like Scarsick that much either. It's a shame because PoS was probably the band I listened to the most from about 2005-2008 and then I just lost all interest in them. But I put on 12:5 just yesterday and it brought back so many memories and now I'm listening to all of their stuff again and remembering how much I love it. Really hope RS2 redeems them for me.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 2:25am

So

PoS release the first track from RS2, "Conditioned"

Very glad he hasn't pre-ordered it. Thumbs Down

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic