Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [26.09%]
16 [69.57%]
1 [4.35%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biggest Teutonic Thrash Metal Bands
    Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 9:17am
My favorite is Sodom. I love Agent Orange and Persecution Mania. Their 2006 self titled released is awesome as well.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 9:32am
Kreator
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 9:51am
Kreator! But I love Masquerade in blood. Vote for that album here. I had created a poll about it.
Inexistence is the true normality.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 11:49am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Kreator
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 4:02pm
Kreator, all day, any day.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 4:09pm
I don't really listen to any of them, but I prefer Kreator over the other two.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 5:07pm
Sodom.  Agent Orange is better than anything Kreator or Destruction put out, imo.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 2:13am
No clue how anyone can not pick Kreator!
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 4:42am
I think Sodom has created some pretty good albums too and no one should take away from Destruction the influence they�ve had on the blackened thrash metal scene either, but I�ve always prefered Kreator. Unlike many other people my favorite is probably Renewal.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 4:52am

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

. Unlike many other people my favorite is probably Renewal.

That list doesn't include me as its my favourite too Big smile

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 5:34am
^Thumbs Up
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

Agent Orange is better than anything Kreator or Destruction put out, imo.

I don't share that mindset.  Agent Orange has its awesome moments, but it felt really same-ish to me.
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:52am
I vote for Kreator. But these three bands are all great.

And do not forget TANKARD!
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 7:41am
Kreator, but I am not familiar enough with Destruction to be fair on that. I do like Sodom, but I like Kreator a whole heap more. 

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 8:39am
I've voted for Kreator

Tankard should be in this list.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 11:25am
Kreatooooooorrrrrr.
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 6:30am
Kreator. But Sodom's Agent Orange is cool too. Not really familiar with Destruction though.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 10:27am
Kreator. 

They are all awesome though. And I would add Tankard and Paradox in the list of greats although it was always the big three in Germany.

Favourite albums are Pleasure to Kill and Agent Orange. Of course pretty much anything up to Renewal by Kreator is great and they did get back into shape with Violent Revolution, great album, as were the followers (with a preference for Enemy of God). Sodom never really went away, I am a big fan of their 90s output to be honest, including the punkish Get What You Deserve and that beast, Till Death Do Us Unite. M-16 of course is their best recent album.

Speaking of comebacks, in 2001 all three released GODLY thrash albums. As if 1999's The Gathering by Testament sent a shockwave of THRASH to Europe and all 3 picked it up simultaneously (after the other two got their first!see below). Of the three albums released, it is actually Destruction's that I rank the highest. The Antichrist was amazing and I would recommend it as a start for those who think Eternal Devastation is too raw for their tastes. I am also a huge fan of Released from Agony.

Tankard also released King of Beers in 2000, which is among their best, perhaps their best. Worth checking out for sure. Their 80s material is classic but suffers from the production, sounds thin. However, their songs are great fun and at times they thrash really good. Chemical Invasion is a great album, really catchy songs. I could say the same for The Morning After or even (my personal favourite - first album I heard and all) The Meaning of Life. But the truth is they do sound inferior at times compared to the 3 big bands. But that did change in the 00s imo. Beginning with Disco Destroyer (1998, tons of fun album, last with Boulgaropoulos, long time guitarist) and moving to Kings of Beer, they released some of their best stuff: The aforementioned albums, B-Day and Beast of Bourbon are all more than solid releases.

Paradox first two albums are some of the best thrash ever recorded, especially Heresy. Oh, I could talk about Heresy for days, it is a childhood favourite that one, great epic riffs, songs that really stand out, good sound, nice playing, perfect really. At the time they were advertised as Germany's answer to Metallica, which I suspect did not do them good (this is 1988 we are tallking about, nobody could answer metallica at that time imo!) but it is not a silly one.  And they came back with Collision Course in 2000 as well, a great album with a rhythm section (bass, drums) from the Holzwarth brothers (Sieges Even), who brought the necessary chops to make their thrash stand out. They never stoppped releasing solid albums since, despite MANY really difficult situations Charlie (main man, singer/guitarist) had to go through.

So, uh... Kreator for me! haha!
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:33pm

Sodom.  Agent Orange is better than anything Kreator or Destruction put out, imo.

Make it Tapping the Vein, and I agree with you.  Although it's very, very close.
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

Make it Tapping the Vein, and I agree with you.  Although it's very, very close.

I am totally agree with you!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic