Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Perfect Circle debut new track live

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Perfect Circle debut new track live
    Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 8:45pm
A PERFECT CIRCLE Debuts Brand New Track In Portland; Video Footage Available - June 30, 2011

A PERFECT CIRCLE
 played a brand new song, reportedly titled "By And Down", during last night's (Wednesday, June 29) concert in Portland, Oregon. Fan-filmed/recorded video/audio footage of the track is available below.
A PERFECT CIRCLE guitarist Billy Howerdel recently said that the band was close to finishing up a new song which it would play on the band's current summer North American tour. As for whether the yet-to-be-titled track will lead to a full album's worth of material, Howerdel told The Pulse Of Radio that he doesn't see a full-length record happening. "I like records," he said. "I still like records. I have great memories of having anticipation of hearing a whole album and ingesting it slowly and drinking it all in. To me, I have desires of making a record, but it just doesn't seem like people are interested. It just seems that everyone likes to digest things much quicker and have less patience."

A PERFECT CIRCLE is touring North America for the first time in six years this summer. These are the band's first live dates since a mini-tour they did last fall, in which they played each of their three studio albums over the course of three nights in five cities.

The 2010-2011 lineup of A PERFECT CIRCLE includes singer Maynard James KeenanHowerdel, drummer Josh Freese, former SMASHING PUMPKINS guitarist James Iha and bassist Matt McJunkins.

Freese announced last month that he will not be performing with the band on its summer tour. Freese issued a statement at his official web site in which he said his decision was "maybe the hardest . . . I've ever had to make professionally and it hasn't been easy on me. I've been looking forward to APC reforming for years now and the timing just couldn't have been worse. I'd already committed the time to WEEZER and I am a man of my word. As much as I hate to have to miss the APC tour there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it."

Jeff Friedl of ASHES DIVIDE and PUSCIFER is filling in on drums for A PERFECT CIRCLE until Freese returns.

A PERFECT CIRCLE currently does not have a record deal.

Video:

Audio only:

(from blabbermouth.net)

Edited by Stooge - 30 Jun 2011 at 8:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic