Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011-12 NHL/Hockey Talk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 7:10am
RIP Rypien. Ouch

Each tough guy mysteriously dying is becoming very, very concerning.  Hopefully the family will donate the brain for research.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

RIP Rypien. Ouch

Each tough guy mysteriously dying is becoming very, very concerning.  Hopefully the family will donate the brain for research.

Rypein suppossedly had some mental illness issues. Not sure exactly what it was. The Canucks kept it under wraps which IMO was the right thing to do. That's personal. I guess we'll find out now.

Yeah, it's getting scary. Concussions, after the research in recent times are really becoming quite deadly but also dramatically effecting of one's qaulity of life.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 11:53am
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 1:58pm
[QUOTE=Stooge]Metal meets hockey: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162255[/QUOTE]

That's great! I'm a big fan of goalies masks past and present. Actually works with the Jets' logo. Well done.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:03pm
What a dark offseason Cryhttp://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=374888

He was a great enforcer for the Leafs when Domi stopped being effective. 
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

What a dark offseason Cryhttp://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=374888

He was a great enforcer for the Leafs when Domi stopped being effective. 

WTF! Jeezus. I can't believe this. This is starting getting scary. I was always a Wade Belak fan. He played some pretty good D there for a couple of seasons for the Leafs but I think by moving him up the wing wasn't good for the team or for him on a confidence level. I remember a few tilts he had with Donald Brashear. He was up there as a heavywieght contender back in his prime. Man, I hope this is the end of this trend.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:58am
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 9:12am
Fucking hell, just noticed that myself Cry
<- Click on this!
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 9:48am
The bad news just keeps perpetuating. Unbelievable. Enough is enough. We need a good story and the hockey to get under away. I wonder what the team will do? Will they ice a team this year or will they suspend operations for a year or maybe even fold. I recognize the three players. Dimetra played for Vancouver two years ago.

Dan, please no more bad news.Unhappy
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 10:09am
I just read the article myself and was coming to post it here.  Brad McCrimmon was a Red Wings assistant coach and Ruslan Salei played for the Red Wings last year. 
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 1:26pm
Very sad day in hockey
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 10:27pm
I saw that on TSN when I was at the bar this afternoon (first day of classes Tongue).  Very sad news.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 12:41pm
From my knowledge, 2 people who were on the plane (Igor Korolev and Alexander Karpotsev) were former Maple Leafs.  I hope the 2 lucky enough to survive are able to bounce back from this tragedy.

At least with training camps starting up, we'll have some positive things to discuss soon enough.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 3:26pm
Brad McCrimmon was one hell of a D back in the day. Him, Mark Howe, Doug Crossman and Brad Marsh were one of the best top four D in the league  in the '80's with the Flyers and they went to the finals twice during that time.

You're right Dan. It will nice to talk hockey in a positive manner. Training camps should open next week(?).

Dan, have you ever been in hockey pool on the internet? I haven't. Hell, I've never been in a hockey pool in my life. I'm thinkin' I might like to give it a try. Any suggestions? Ideas?
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 9:17am
Originally posted by cannon cannon wrote:

Brad McCrimmon was one hell of a D back in the day. Him, Mark Howe, Doug Crossman and Brad Marsh were one of the best top four D in the league  in the '80's with the Flyers and they went to the finals twice during that time.

You're right Dan. It will nice to talk hockey in a positive manner. Training camps should open next week(?).

Dan, have you ever been in hockey pool on the internet? I haven't. Hell, I've never been in a hockey pool in my life. I'm thinkin' I might like to give it a try. Any suggestions? Ideas?

I usually shy away from joining hockey pools, or any fantasy sports.  Having to set lineups every night is too much of a pain in the ass for me.  Not my cup of tea.

I have entered a few free hockey and baseball pools years ago, but with those one you'd just pick your players and sit back.  I also would pick NFL teams weekly back within high school, but of course that got shut down after about a month.  A few teachers even entered it, but there wasn't big money on the line (I think a dollar per week, with the jackpot never topping $30).
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 10:51am
Thanx for the info Dan.Smile

No. Setting a line up every night wouldn't be my thing as well. I like the one where you pick the players and sit back. I'm wondering if there are free ones. Just for fun. I'm not gambler and rather spend that money on music.Cool

I'll do some research and see what I come up with.

Edited by cannon - 09 Sep 2011 at 10:52am
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 12:24pm
I did that with a baseball pool once.  I enjoyed it, but also became somewhat obsessed with it, finding myself staying up until 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning to see how the West Coast games turned out.  I was in first place for most of the year, but much like my Tigers, tailed off at the end and ended up in 2nd or 3rd place.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 1:11pm
Sounds like they had quite a moving ceremony at the ice arena in Minsk to honor the men killed in the plane crash.

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 1:51pm

No. Setting a line up every night wouldn't be my thing as well. I like the one where you pick the players and sit back. I'm wondering if there are free ones. Just for fun. I'm not gambler and rather spend that money on music.Cool

At least the Yahoo Fantasy Hockey thing seems to be free. I'm interested, but not sure about trying yet.

There's still some time for the NHL to start up, but our SM-Liiga is beginning next thursday Clap

Edited by Pekka - 09 Sep 2011 at 1:53pm
<- Click on this!
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

At least the Yahoo Fantasy Hockey thing seems to be free. I'm interested, but not sure about trying yet.

There's still some time for the NHL to start up, but our SM-Liiga is beginning next thursday Clap

Thanx for the link Pekka.Thumbs Up I'm going to take a further look.

Does the SM-Liiga games get broadcasted on TV in Finland? What about the NHL? ESPN America in Europe maybe(?).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic