1 [2.08%]
2 [4.17%]
6 [12.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 5:02pm
Although a lot of the other bands are heavier, I went with Pantera, because there's just something about their music that makes my balls grow bigger whenever I listen to it Tongue
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Although a lot of the other bands are heavier, I went with Pantera, because there's just something about their music that makes my balls grow bigger whenever I listen to it Tongue

urrrgg ...

The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 6:22pm

We really didn't need to know THAT... Confused
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by The T 666 The T 666 wrote:

We really didn't need to know THAT... Confused

that is cause for the first double double face palm in MMA history LOL

topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:24pm
If heavy means you want to put on a wifebeater and "take it outside" with someone, then yes. Definitely Pantera.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
coorpz View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coorpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 8:03pm
Long standing debate. People always wanting to be more br00tal *sigh*. But alas, what do you mean by heavy? You mean like downtuned walls of sound heavy? Out of that list, probably Gojira.
Sonically assaulting heavy? Assuck.
Thrashy heavy? Slayer.
Heavy lyrically and riff-wise? Death, hands down.

If I had to base it on my criteria, and of what you have listen, Death for certain. Definitely one of the, if not the, heaviest band ever.... in terms of riffs and lyrics and musicianship.
Melomaniac View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melomaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 9:42am
Would be either Meshuggah, Fear Factory or Gojira, voted FF !!!
The Pessimist View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pessimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 10:13am
What about this band

birdwithteeth11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdwithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 9:43pm
^They claimed to have performed that song 40 times in a row once live. LOL Although that was back when the album first came out.

coorpz View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coorpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 11:41pm
You Suffer is the definition of 4-second mindf**k.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Melomaniac Melomaniac wrote:

Fear Factory isn't that heavy.....
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
coorpz View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coorpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 8:20pm
FF? Yes, they can be, but i've never felt a strong liking of industrial.
Harry View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 10:42pm
Meshuggah.
After seeing them live, I have no doubt in my mind they are the heaviest band in the world. Totally skull crushing
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 2:38am
I'm not even what I'd consider a casual fan of metal, but I did like getting lost in the denseness of Meshuggah when I sampled them, almost like a metal version of Klaus Schulze, except way less spacey.
birdwithteeth11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdwithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

I'm not even what I'd consider a casual fan of metal, but I did like getting lost in the denseness of Meshuggah when I sampled them, almost like a metal version of Klaus Schulze, except way less spacey.

Not spacey you say?

I'd say that's pretty spacey. Wink

The Pessimist View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pessimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by birdwithteeth11 birdwithteeth11 wrote:

^They claimed to have performed that song 40 times in a row once live. LOL Although that was back when the album first came out.

Man I wish I was a Midlands teenager back in those days... It must have been so awesome to see ND and Bolt Thrower live and in their genesis. I would have gone considerably Ape Schitt
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:50pm
Though they are not in general the heaviest band, Dark Suns blast beat section of "The Chameleon Defect" feels like death by hailstorm. My favorite ultra-heavy moment.

Edited by Negoba - 11 Apr 2010 at 7:50pm
DeathOfSeasons View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathOfSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 5:40am
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

Originally posted by Melomaniac Melomaniac wrote:

Fear Factory isn't that heavy.....

Agreed. I wouldn't even call Fear Factory slightly heavy to be honest. When it comes to Industrial Metal it doesn't get much more intense than The Amenta.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 10:24am
Gotta say Meshuggah - the riffs are off the planet
GLAM METAL!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 12:02pm

Only familiar with Metallica, Slayer, Opeth & Tool

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic